8: Bombshell Indeed

“Where the heck are they?”

Juvia groaned as she looked at her watch.

It was already 8:00 in the evening. And Lucy, Levy, and Erza haven’t come home yet. She was getting worried.

She sluggishly stood up from the living room’s couch and put on a sweater.

“Oh well, I guess I’ll be eating alone for dinner tonight,” she said as she headed towards the door.

She’d been waiting for them, but looks like her grumbling stomach couldn’t wait any longer.

.

.

“So let me get this straight,”

Jellal started, the red-tattooed guy who happened to be Natsu’s friend, “Now your ass is finally back from States and you didn’t even tell me? Your friend?”

He was now out of his car and giving Natsu a slap at the shoulder.

“Did I have to?” Natsu chuckled at him, “It’s not like you’re my girlfriend.”

“You never changed,” Jellal just sighed and shook his head.

“Wait a minute, hold it! Hold it!” Lucy started waving her hands in pure confusion.

“Can somebody please explain this…” she continued as she kept on gesturing her arms in the air, “…this-this whole scenario?”

Lucy was obviously looking for the right word to say.

“I agree,” Levy seconded as she darted her eager eyes at Erza, “Details please, Ms. Scarlet. How do you know…Natsu’s friend?”

“Yeah, is he the ‘secret boyfriend’?” Lucy added to the question.

“Secret boyfriend?” Gajeel muffled a laugh, finding the term amusing, “Seriously?”

“Do you have a problem with that?” Levy gave him a threatening look.

“Actually, I’m curious as well,” Natsu spoke up as he stared at his friend, “What is this woman to you, Jellal?”

“Umm…you see-,” the blue-haired was about to explain, but got cut off by the girl standing next to him.

“Alright! Alright!” Erza exclaimed as she lifted a hand to make the commotion stop, “Might as well let you guys know."

All of them turned to her.

She noticed that she didn’t know some of the guys.

“So listen up carefully, even though I have no idea who some of you are and why you’re here.” Erza continued.

They were quiet, waiting for her to go on.

She slowly parted her lips to start explaining, but the sound of a grumbling stomach made her stop.

It made all of them stop.

Everyone in the group turned to Gray, and it couldn’t be denied that it was him. Since he was the one whose face was red in embarrassment.

“I uhh…” he stuttered as he rubbed the side of his neck, “I think that was me.”

“You don’t say,” Gajeel said bluntly.

“Okay look,” Jellal started, now he sounded serious, “Why don’t we all go somewhere to talk. I know a good place, we can also have dinner there as well. Let’s all settle the things we need to talk about and maybe introduce ourselves properly.”