Chapter 10: I Can't Get Drunk

Începe de la început

I giggled, feeling a little bit more than tipsy. "You know what would be funny?"  

"The Hulk in lingerie?" Tony mused. I snorted and fell of the couch laughing.  

"Yes!" I exclaimed, "But not what I was originally thinking."  

"Were you thinking about me?" He asked, leaning down close to my face.  

"Yes. But Steve too." I giggled, looking at him starry eyed. 

"Oh, no. Sorry, I mean, I've done the twelve Victoria Secret calendar models -all at the same time. But with Steve, no way." Tony shook his head. "That's where I draw the line. No offence, Cap."  

"I have no idea what you're talking about but, none taken." Steve replied, tipping his drink up in the air like a 'cheers' and then drinking.  

"Wow, you really did them all?" I asked, fascinated.  

"Yep." Tony said proudly, popping the 'p.' 

I finished my second cruiser. "Anyway! Do you want to know what I think would be funny?"  

"Out with it woman!" Tony ordered.  

"If you guys switched suits. I mean, like, Steve in the Iron Man suit and then Tony in the Captain America suit. You guys would look hilarious!" I laughed. "And if the Captain America suit makes Steve's ass look that good then can you imagine what yours would look like, Tony?"  

Steve shifted awkwardly while Tony suddenly got very serious, "I have been meaning to find some pants that would make my ass look good. You think the suit could work?"  

"Hell yeah," I exclaimed and actually reached up and tapped his butt. "But if you just bought some tighter jeans that would do the trick too."  

"Thanks for the tip." He cheers my empty bottle to his.  

I smiled flirtatiously at Tony Stark for the second time that day, "No problem."

Eventually, at about twelve thirty, Tony passed out and I'd started to sober up a little. I drank heaps of water after my second cruiser and I could already feel the effects wearing off.  

"You all good?" I asked Steve.  

"Still sober." He smiled. "You?"  

"Sobering up." I told him, pulling a blanket from the bed over a passed out Tony on the couch. 

"You know, I like him better like this." Steve commented and I hit him playfully in the arm.  

"That's mean. He's not that bad." I said, "He's good underneath all...that."  

Steve chuckled, "You just pointed to all of him."  

"You know what I mean." I protested,  

Steve sighed, "Yeah, I know. He's exactly like Howard, sarcastic and mean on the outside, good on the inside...sometimes."  

I laughed and looped my arm through his. "Walk me to my room, Mr. Rogers?"  

Steve replied with a knee wobbling smile, "It would be my pleasure, Miss. Barton."

* * *

"I've never met a person like you." I smiled, my hand on the doorknob to my bedroom. I was late. Really late. The other members of the team had gone to sleep hours ago (and Tony had passed out), but Steve and I had stayed awake talking. He fascinated me, he had views on this world that I'd never heard before and they were surprisingly convincing.

"And I've never met a person like you." He smiled back. Steve had the best smiles. Ones that made me go weak at the knees and transformed his face into something otherworldly. Not even Thor could rival the power Steve had over me in this moment.