Chapter 9: Blueberry?

I watched Director Fury from the security camera footage I had streaming from my laptop. Steve, Thor and I sat in the chairs on the bridge. Well, Steve and I sat, Thor stood and stared out the window with a brooding look on his face. 

They had the security camera footage streaming on holographic screens on the tables but I preferred my laptop, it almost never left my side when I was as nervous as I was right now. 

The guards directed Loki into a specially built containment room that was originally built for Dr. Banner, just in case he lost control and the Hulk made an appearance.

The doors shut abruptly behind Loki and the trickster god turned to face Fury who made his way to the control panel. 

"In case it's unclear," Fury typed in the access code and pushed a button, "You try to escape, you do much as scratch that glass." Fury tapped the orange button and the floor beneath the cage moved away, Loki paced up to the edge of the glass and peered over the edge. "Thirty thousand feet straight down in a steel trap. You get how that works?" Director Fury shut down the machine,  

"Ant," He pointed to Loki and then turned to then pointed to the control panel. "Boot."  

Loki chuckled and waltzed back to the centre of the cage, "It's an impressive cage. Not built, I think, for me." 

"Built for something a lot stronger than you."  

"Oh, I've heard." Loki smirked and turned to the nearest security camera, which happened to be the one I was getting the live feed from, "A mindless beast, makes play he's still a man."  

By this time, Natasha and Bruce had joined us on the bridge and I winced as Bruce looked up and made eye contact with me.

But Loki wasn't finished, "How desperate are you? You call on such lost creatures to defend you?" 

"How desperate am I?" Fury retorted, "You threatened my world with war. You steal a force you can't hope to control. You talk about peace but you kill 'cause its fun. You have made me very desperate. You might not be glad that you did."  

Loki looked like he wanted to laugh, "Ooh, it burns you to have come so close. To have the Tesseract. To have power, unlimited power. And for what? A warm light for all mankind to share? And then to be reminded of what real power is."  

Fury's nose twitched like it did when he got royally pissed off, "Well, let me know if 'Real Power' wants a magazine or something."

I ended the security footage and looked up to everyone at the table.  

Bruce attempted a joke, "He really grows on you, doesn't he?"  

Steve ignored it, "Loki's going to drag this out. So, Thor, what's his play?"  

"He has an army called the Chitauri. There not of Asgard not of any world known. He means to lead them against you people. They will win him the Earth. Return respectfully the Tesseract."  

"An army?" Steve asked, "From outer space?"  

"So he's building another portal." Bruce cut in, "That's what he needs Erik Selvig for."  

"Selvig?" Thor asked, 

"He's an astrophysicist." Bruce explained,  

"He's a friend." 

"Loki has him under some kind of spell..." Another wave of hurt flushed into Natasha face, "Along with one of ours."  

Steve interrupted, "I wanna know why Loki let us take him. He's not leading an army from here."