Chapter 10: I Can't Get Drunk

Tony disappeared off to his room while I ran off to my room to grab the scotch and cruisers. On the way, I bumped into Steve, who was looking pretty damn pissed off.  

"Steve, hi!" I squeaked from the ground, having fallen on my butt after bumping into him.  

"Oh, sorry ma'am." He offered me his hand and helped me up.  

"It's okay, and please just call me Noel." I smiled. "Where are you headed?"  

"To Fury's office, do you know where it is?" He asked,  

"Yeah I do, but he's off on an errand. He probably won't be back until morning." I told him, 

"That's too bad, I really needed to talk to him." Steve said frustratedly. 

"Tony and I are hanging out in his room if you wanna come." I changed the subject, "There's gonna be drinks and food and yeah, mainly alcohol." I smiled. 

"I can't get drunk." Steve replied,  

"So? Doesn't mean you can't have fun, plus you can make sure we don't do anything stupid." I coaxed him into coming eventually and I ended up loading him up with the packs of raspberry cruisers and two massive bottles of scotch.  

"Why do I have to carry everything?" Steve whined, scrunching his face up as well. 

I smiled, "Because you're the one with all the muscles and super strength. And don't whine it's a terrible look for you."

I got a bit lost trying to find Tony's room but I found it with Steve's surprisingly good navigational skills and knocked a couple of times.  

"Come in!" He called from behind the door. My hand was on the doorknob, twisting it.  

"It's locked, you dumbass." I called back,  

"Hey, no name calling or I won't let you in," He threatened,  

"Jokes on you. I have the alcohol!" I exclaimed. The door unlocked not three seconds after I'd replied and he let us in.  

"Why's Captain McFreeze here?" Tony asked.  

"Because I invited him." I said simply. Steve didn't have any comment in relation to the other nick name but he placed the alcohol on the kitchenette counter and Tony practically leaped over the lounge chair to grab a bottle of scotch. I laughed at him and Steve rolled his eyes.  

I cracked open a cruiser and made myself comfortable on the S.H.I.E.L.D standard issue, leather couch.

"Hey, aren't you nineteen?" Steve asked and I stopped sipping at the sweet drink. 

"Yeah. What's your point?" I shrugged taking another swig.  

"I'm pretty sure the legal age to start drinking is twenty-one." He said.  

I looked down at my knees feeling guilty, usually, I would have downed a cruiser by now but for some reason, Steve made me want to be a good girl, to obey orders and not drink underage. But I didn't switch it for water, I kept drinking and ignored the guilt gnawing at me. I wanted to get drunk, I wanted to forgot about this colossal mess that Loki was causing.  

Steve sat down with the other bottle of scotch and so commenced Tony and I trying to get drunk and Steve staying sober.

Two hours passed and it had hit eleven PM. I was mid-way through my second cruiser (you had to watch yourself with cruisers, they may seem like harmless fruit drinks but they were packed full of vodka and if you had more than three were you were pretty much in an alcohol black out -I speak from experience.) and Tony's bottle of scotch was long gone, he was on his forth cruiser and Steve was on his second, his bottle of scotch had been finished for about half an hour ago.