Chapter 15- Different

Start from the beginning

She was in the bathroom for a long time, which I could kind of understand. I'd spent a few days in the hospital after a broken arm when I was thirteen. It was like I could feel the germs on me, I had showered three times when I got home. So, a little extra hot water wasn't a big worry for me.

"I love your shower! Seriously, why don't the cabins have these?!"

"Right, how about I fix that and charge an insane amount the next time your group books our camp?"

"I thought we were already paying an insane amount."

The smirk on her face gave me the distinct impression that she was only half kidding. That's okay, maybe someday I'll go over the actual cost to run the grounds, then she'll know the deal they got. A lot of the places they'd been to over the years since it all started were much smaller, with way fewer amenities than here. I'd looked into it, that was before we got involved, but I always like to know what I'm getting into with a group this size. Especially since they were going to be exclusive for a month, that was very rare. Finding out that some churches actually sponsored people blew my mind. I knew they had to pay a pretty penny to, not only afford the initial fee, but to lose a month of work. It was another reason I was so curious when I was offered the chance to sit in. I'm still not 100% convinced it's worth it, but so far I've been extremely impressed. CeCe is, without a doubt, fiercely committed to what she does.

"Mmhhmm, well we can negotiate for the next time."

"Oh? You seem confident we'll be back here. Maybe we could find a better deal elsewhere."

I narrowed my eyes and gave her an obvious 'that's what you think' look. It just made her laugh. A laugh I'd missed.

"What do you want to do today? I know you have to take it easy, so we'll have to take our hike another day. But we could go to the pool. We could swing by the Rec Center. Whatever you want."

"I'd love to do all that, but maybe tomorrow. Do you think we could sit outside and... um... you could hold me?"

I was on her in an instant. I held her in my arms and moulded my mouth to hers. I tried to make it sweet, but it quickly became desperate. I wasn't sure where to go or what to do. My brain said to slow down, but my body was already headed for the bedroom. Half way there, I started listening to my brain. I broke the kiss, but didn't let go.

"Sorry, I'm struggling to control myself. I know that's not what you want to hear, I'm just..."

"Don't be sorry. I wouldn't have allowed it if I wasn't feeling the same way."

Oh, fuck.

"So, what do we do now?"

"How about we make out and see just how self-disciplined we really are?"

My lips met hers again. I lifted her up and she wrapped her legs around my waste. I carried her out to the back patio and laid her down on a lounge chair. We kissed, slowly. Every time one of us would start to heat things up, the other would cool it down. I felt like I was in high school, well early on. As if she could hear my thoughts, she stopped and looked at me.

"Is it my turn to ask questions now?"

"Ha! Sure, I'm an open book. Ask away."

"When did you lose your virginity?"

Damn, she gets straight to the point!

"I was sixteen. It was actually a dare, a stupid one made at a party. We were playing truth or dare, which I never recommend, by the way. And someone from a different school dared me to 'fuck the next girl that walks in the room'. Well, lucky for me the next girl was Gina Walker, she was eighteen and by far every guy there's wet dream. Sorry, that was crass. Anyway, it didn't take much convincing, which surprised me! She was a senior, I was a sophomore, didn't typically happen at my school."