Chapter Sixteen: For Such A Big Dude, You've Got A Beautiful Voice

Leo

        When we reached the first archway the farting weasel found us.

        "Not the farting weasel again. If that thing gets loose in close quarters like this, with my fire and all, we're gonna explode." I complained, earning a barked insult from it.

        "Stop it, you two! We don't have anytime to waste, let's go!" says Hazel. I gave the weasel one last glare before following after Hazel.

        Hazel's face suddenly darkened, "Leo, be ready, we're getting close." she whispered.

        "Close to what?" I asked, I wasn't sure if she meant the Doors of Death or to this Pasiphy-woman or Porphyri--

        "Close to me." said a woman's voice. Hazel and I stood, unmoving, but for some reason we suddenly ended up three hundred feet down the corridor, at an entrance of a chamber. "Welcome," said the woman's voice. "I've looked forward to this."

        I looked around searching for an exit, but I saw none. Then when I looked at the center of the room, I saw doors, elevator doors, standing fifty feet away, their panels etched in silver and iron. Rows of chains ran down either side, bolting the frame to large hooks in the floor. The floor around the door was littered with black rubble. I met Hazel's eyes, "Yep, those are doors, all right. The Doors of Death." She suddenly tightened her fists, she was upset because an ancient altar of Hades had once stod there, and it was destroyed to make room for the Doors.

        "Where are you?" she shouted.

        "Don't you see us?" the voice taunted. "I thought Hecate chose you for your skill." I comeback from Hazel, but instead it was the weasel, who had also farted, and that didn't help one bit. In other circumstances, I would've given the farting weasel a mean glare, but now wasn't the perfect timing.

        Suddely, it seemed like everything was turning black. Just as I thought I was going blind a giant twenty-foot-tall shadow loomed next to the Doors. I assumed this was the giant Clytius, he was shrouded in black smoke and his legs looked dragon-like with ash-colored scales his hair was long and braided that seemed to be made out of smoke and he had a massive Stygian armor, he carried no weapons, but that didn't make him any less terrifying. And damn he had a very feminine voice. He'd be great at imitating a woman asking for help out in the streets. Poor guys who only wanted to help.

        I whistled, "You know, Clytius, for such a big dude, you've got a beautiful voice."

        "Idiot," hissed the woman's voice, I didn't see Clytius lips moved at all. It's either he was telepathic or someone else was here and she was the owner of the voice.

        Suddenly, the air shimmered in between us and Clytius. A woman appeared, wearing an elegant sleeveless dress that seemed to be of woven gold, her dark hair piled into a con on top of her head, encircled with diamonds and emeralds. Around her neck hung a pendant like a miniature maze, on a cord set with rubies. The woman was beautiful in a timeless regal way, but she was cold, not cold like Khione, but like a statue, her eyes sparkled with malice, she can never compare to Calypso who radiated warmth, none of the could.

        Now is not the time, Valdez!

        "Pasiphae," Hazel said.

        The woman inclined her head, "My dear Hazel Levesque.."

        I snorted, and I tried to hide it with a cough. "You two know each other? Like Underworld chums, or--"

        "Silence, fool." Pasiphae said, her voice was soft but full of venom. "I have no use for demigod boys--always so full of themselves, so brash and destructive."