Chapter Six: In An Island Called Gozo

3rd Person's P.O.V

"Oh, Leo, we missed out a tiny detail, you know how I got Festus help? I kinda like woke him up, you know, with my charmspeak.", said Piper.

"Shouldn't be possible," , he murmured, "Unless the upgrades let him respond to voice commands. But if he's permanently activated, that means the navigation system and the crystal. . ."

"Crystal?" Jason asked.

Leo flinched. "Um, nothing."

A waitress came over and offered them menus. In no time they were chowing down on sandwiches and sodas, enjoying the sunny day almost like a group of regular teenagers.

Frank then continued reading his brochure. Piper patted Leo's arm like she still can't believe he's really here. Nico stood at the edge of the group, eyeing the passing pedestrians as if they might be enemies. Coach Hedge munched on the salt and pepper shakers.

Despite the happy reunion, everybody seemed subdued than usual-like they were picking up Leo's mood.

Jason had never really considered how important Leo's sense of humor was to the group. Even when things were super serious, they could always depend on Leo to make them laugh.

The whole story telling about what happened while he was gone, wasn't done yet, and so he tried to pretend he was listening.

"So then Jason harnessed the venti," Hazel finished. "And here we are."

Leo whistled. "Dang, Jason. Hot air horses? So basically, you held a bunch of gas together all the way to Malta, and then you let it loose."

Jason frowned. "You know, it doesn't sound that heroic when you say it that way. You make it sound like I used my fart to blast us here."

"Yeah well, I'm an expert on hot air. I'm still wondering why Malta? I just kind of ended up here on the raft, but was that a random thing, or-"

"Maybe because of this." Frank tapped on his brochure. "It says here Malta was where Calypso lived."

A pint of blood drained from Leo's face. "W-what?"

Frank shrugged. "According to this, her original home was an island called Gozo just north of here. Calypso's a Greek myth thingy right?"

"Ah, a Greek myth thingy!" Coach Hedge rubbed his hands together. "Maybe we need to fight her! Don't we get to fight her? 'Cause I'm ready."

"No," Leo murmured. "No, we don't have to fight her, Coach."

Piper frowned. "Leo, what's wrong? You look--"

"Nothing's wrong!" Leo shot to his feet. "Hey, we should get going. We've got work to do!"