Chapter Twenty One: I Am Maimed

Leo

They saw me before I saw them, I have to say our security has improved. I saw our very own blonde superman flying up. Either to greet me or wring my neck, or you know, just have Piper in tow and she'll do all the wringing.

"Leo Valdez!"

Yup, Piper in tow.

"Hey, buddy," I said to Festus, "Mind landing now before we get turned into shishkebobb?"

***

Annabeth had always intimidated me. The first time I saw her, she was on a chariot supported by flying horses and oh boy she looked real pissed. At least the anger wasn't aimed at me, but still. But now, that stormy gray eyes of hers are aimed at me, and I could tell she was really, really mad. At. Me.

She was walking back and forth behind where Percy was situated, eating a blue pancake, as usual. We were at the ping pong table in the Big House. Annabeth would stare, more like glare, at me from time to time and occasionally would look at Calypso who sat beside me. Chiron had called the seven, since they were all still recuperating, they all decided to stay at Camp Half-Blood, and they were all seated in front of Calypso and I while Chiron stood standing and Mr. D feeding Seymour, well what's left of him.

"Umm, Annabeth would you sit down...while we talk about this? Pretty please. You're making me feel like a criminal here." I said while clutching Calypso's hands on my own.

"Well, there's really nothing to talk about. I know what you did and I've put it together. Now it's all up to you to explain it to the rest," she replied, finally sitting down.

***

After telling the rest about what I had done with the Physicians Cure and how I'd met Calypso and made a vow to the River Styx that I would return, how I died and came back to life, they were all pretty much taking their time absorbing everything whereas there was Percy and Annabeth who I guess had pretty much known before.

Then again, Percy knew about my time in Ogygia, he appeared to be clueless as Annabeth had said before but he wasn't dumb. Not at all.

Not that I'm calling him that. Only Annabeth has the rights to call him Seaweed Brain.

          "So... How's it going guys? Oh! Coach Hedge! How's the baby? Y'know what I'm going to visit the new family. C'mon Calypso, see you later guys!" I attempted to make a conversation but I chickened out, although I really want to see Coach Hedge and Mellie.

"You're not going anywhere Valdez. Not anytime soon. We need to have a hug-fest with you. You have a lot of making up to do for making us believe you were dead!"

A hug—what?

After Piper finished her mini speech, they all rushed to me and attacked me with hugs. Literally. Frank turned into a bear. I think he was thinking more of like a teddy bear but he ended being the actual full-grown one, so. Imagine how that turned out.

🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗
Been gone for so long! So sorry! I had major writers block. But I'm back.
😎😎😎😌😌😌