Chapter 27: DISNEY'S GOT TALENT 3

Start from the beginning

"No!" She barked and started to struggle her instruments with him. "Let go off it! Leave me alone. I'm a professional!"

"I don't bloody care. Leave it alone. I'm already mad as it is!"

"Fuck off!" She sneered through gritted teeth but the struggle ensued.

Hiccup began to move closer to stop the struggle while the crowd was really shifting with unease.

"Guys, you've gotta stop this..."

"Philip, LEAVE IT..." her hands gripped the bow tighter as she stretched the arrow across the bowstring. "Phil..."

Philip struggled harder, both of them eventually bending low to the ground in the process. "Let. It. Go..."

And she let it go.

But not by her own will. She lost control of the bow and the arrow flew.

Not towards the target.

A bloodcurdling cry leapt up and reverberated the walls of the auditorium.

Philip and Merida watched in horror as Hiccup crumbled to the ground, his hand around his right knee, with an arrow sticking out of it.

"Oh God." Merida breathed.

Philip scrambled across the floor up to the curled up Hiccup.

Tears were already streaming down his face and his cries of agony carved out every ounce of pain he felt.

"Hic-" Philip cradled his friend's head in his arms. "Call the ambulance! Call the Damn ambulance!!!"

"I'm on it!" John Smith offered as he rang up Maui.

The judges stood up and began to walk towards the scene. Most of the audience stayed frozen in shock. To think that just an hour ago, everything was going perfectly well.

"Hang in there, buddy. Hang in there." Philip's chest was heaving as he quickly swung his head around to glare at Merida. "I told you not to use that thing in stage. No, I WARNED you! But you just wouldn't listen, would you?!"

The weeping Merida didn't even find the air to argue. She couldn't even tell Philip that it was his fault for ensuing a useless struggle. Her palm just stayed over her mouth as she kept on heaving.

"Maui's here. We'll lift him." Naveen ran to their sides, accompanied by Tarzan, Adam and Phoebus.

Philip wiped his face with a blood-stained arm. "You'll be OK. Hiccup. Just...just hang in there."

Hiccup was even too weak to notice what was going on around him. Even when he was lifted off the ground, all he could feel was the satanic pain.

As soon as they'd carried him out, he turned to Merida. "You have to get punished. You just have to face justice-"

"You're as guilty as I am. Maybe even guiltier. I had everything under control. You're the one who..."

"Under control?! The entire archery gig was a flop from the very beginning..."

"And who's to know that? Huh?! Had you allowed me to finish peacefully, this would not have happened!"

"Something worst would gave happened if you had taken another shot..."

"Who. Is. To. Know?! If I had continued with it and someone had gotten hurt, I would happily take the blame!" Her voice lowered as she sniffed. "I never miss an aim. This was all you."

"You will be punished still. I promise to send a report to Mr. Mickey as soon as possible."

"That's not fair." Rapunzel ran up behind Merida. "You can't put the entire blame on her."