Chapter 36 - In safe

Blaze's POV

I was trying not to show my fear to Ashley, but I was scared too. I was scared for Ashley and our baby more than myself. I should save them from this damn greenhouse. I kicked the door hard again.

"Help!" I screamed.

Suddenly, Ashley fainted. I rushed towards her and grabbed her by her waist before she fell down.

"Ashley!" I screamed in panic, tapping her cheek gently.

"Help!" I screamed again.

"Baby, open your eyes." I begged, devastated.

"Blaze!" I heard my name. It was my father. There were other voices coming from outside too.

Finally!

"We are here. Help us!" I screamed.

They were trying to break the door down. I was hugging Ashley in my arms, stroking her cheek, coughing. Her eyes were still closed. I could barely see through the smoke.

Finally, they broke the door down. I scooped Ashley up in my arms and carried her out of the greenhouse quickly.

I placed her on the ground and wrapped my arm around her shoulder, holding her against my chest. My parents ran towards us.

"Ashley, please, open your eyes." I begged, stroking her cheek.

"Please....please." I muttered.

She opened her eyes slowly as she started coughing. I hugged her, smiling happily.

"Ashley!" I exclaimed.

"Blaze." She barely muttered.

"I am here. We got out of there. We are safe." I reassured her. She buried her head into the hollow of my neck, crying.

"I was so scared." She muttered, still crying.

"Shh. Everything is okay." I said, stroking her hair.

Ashley's POV

I took a shower and changed my dirty clothes. I heard a knock on the door. Blaze walked in and closed the door behind him.

"Are you better?" He asked, concerned as he approached me.

"Yes. Are you fine?" I asked.

He nodded as he sat down beside me and stroked my cheek, giving me a reassuring smile. I wrapped my arms around him and hugged him tightly. He wrapped his arms around me as he placed a soft kiss on my hair. Being in his arms made me relax. I was so scared. I thought we couldn't leave the greenhouse.

I pulled back as I said. "You should go. Someone can see you here."

"Don't worry. Mom will handle. She is stalling my father." He said as he cupped my cheek.

I closed my eyes. In his presence, I felt safe.

When I woke up the following morning, James was sitting on the couch, staring at me. He had been abroad for two days.

"Morning." I murmured as I sat up.

"I was so worried after Dad had told me. Are you okay?" He asked, worried.

"Don't worry. I am okay." I replied.

He stood up and approached me. He hugged me tightly as he sat down beside me on the bed. I was surprised by this sudden hug.

I pulled back. "Umm...I need to get up." I mumbled.

"Sure. I will leave you alone." He gave me a warm smile and left.

A few weeks had passed since that day. The police confirmed that it was arson. But they could not find who had done it.

George increased the securities. Blaze ordered Damian not to take his eyes off me for a second. He was following me like a shadow. I felt uncomfortable by it, but I couldn't resist. Because I was so worried too, especially for my baby.

When I wanted to go to the bathroom, I felt a sharp pain in my stomach.

"Ahh." I screamed in pain as I placed my hand on my stomach, inhaling and exhaling slowly.

I had been feeling sharp pains since this morning. I was alone at home, excluding the securities. The housekeeper had a day off. James and George were abroad. Blaze was in the company. Patricia went to visit her sister.

I went towards the bed and lay down. After a few seconds, it passed. As my due date was so close, I had been feeling this kind of pain or cramps. But today, it was more painful.

****

I was hungry. I decided to go to the kitchen. As I arrived upstairs, I felt a sharp pain.

"Ahhh." I screamed in pain as I placed my hand on my stomach, leaning against the wall. But it was more painful.

Suddenly, I felt water running down my legs. My eyes widened in panic as I looked down at my legs. I collapsed onto the ground as I felt another sharp pain in my stomach. I looked for my phone in my pockets, but I didn't find it.

Shit! I forgot it in my bedroom.

"Help!" I screamed in pain.

I tried to stand up. I placed my hand on the wall for support as I walked towards the living room. I grabbed the phone and called Blaze. I pursed my lips together as I felt another sharp pain.

It was calling, but he didn't pick up. Please, pick up! I murmured with my inner voice.

"Blaze, help!" I begged as soon as he picked up his phone.

"Baby, what happened?" Blaze asked anxiously.

"Blaze, my water broke." I informed, looking at my legs.

"Fuck! I am coming. I will call an ambulance and your doctor." He said as he hung up.

I slid down against the wall and sat on the floor, my hands resting on my stomach. I was inhaling and exhaling slowly. The pain was getting worse.

"No, no, no!" I screamed in pain as I saw blood on my legs.