Chapter 33 - Felicity

Ashley's POV

Today I had a doctor appointment. I got ready and left. Blaze was going to fetch me. I was waiting for him in front of the mansion. He called me and told me he was about to arrive. The weather was beautiful, so I decided to wait for him outside.

A few minutes later, he arrived. I got in his car and greeted him. He just nodded without saying anything. I rolled my eyes at him.

Jerk.

We were waiting for the doctor. I was playing with my fingers nervously.

If he goes inside too and the doctor mentions how far along I am, it will be a total disaster.

I bit my lower lip anxiously as I looked at Blaze. He looked nervous as well. He was tapping his fingertip onto his lap nervously, lost in thoughts. He looked tense.

The nurse interrupted my thoughts as she called my name. I stood up and walked towards the room.

The doctor walked in and greeted me. She put some gel onto my stomach and spread it with a wand.

A few seconds later, the door opened and Blaze walked in. He looked uncomfortable and timid. As soon as he walked in, his eyes glued to the screen.

The room filled with the heartbeats, our baby's heartbeats. I felt so emotional. It was the first time when we were hearing our baby's heartbeats together. Like a normal couple.

I looked at Blaze. His eyes sparkled with joy. He smiled without taking his eyes off the screen.

"Yes, everything looks normal. The baby is healthy." The doctor informed.

I turned my gaze from the doctor to Blaze. He was looking at me now. Tears shimmered in his eyes. As our eyes met, his expression changed; his expression darkened. I felt pain in his eyes. He stormed out without saying anything.

Tears ran down my cheeks.

After checking up, I left the hospital. When I wanted to get a taxi, I noticed Blaze's car. He was still here. I thought he had left. I walked towards his car and got in the car.

He was staring into space while he was squeezing the steering wheel tightly. A vein popped out in his neck.

"Blaze?" I muttered.

He turned his face towards me as he plunged his piercing eyes into mine.

"He should be our baby." He glowered at me.

"Blaze..." I murmured sadly. He stopped me by a hand gesture.

He started the car. He was driving without looking at me. I felt bad. It was my fault. I made both of us suffer. I had to tell him the truth. I needed to stop this meaningless torture. I was looking through the window while caressing my bump, thinking.

Blaze parked the car in front of the mansion. He was waiting for me to get out of the car. He looked impatient.

I cleared my throat as I said. "Blaze...I have to tell you something."

He breathed deeply without looking at me.

"Ashley, get out of the car." He snapped.

"It is important. I..."

He interrupted me as he added. "Not now, Ashley. Not now."

He got out of the car and walked towards my side.

He opened the door and said dryly. "Get out of the car."

I sighed and got out of the car. "Blaze, we have to talk." I insisted.

He frowned and walked towards the driver side, ignoring me. He got in his car and drove it.

"Blaze!" I yelled behind him.

Ugh! Stubborn!

Blaze's POV

As I dropped Ashley off, I went directly to my penthouse. I needed to be alone. As soon as I arrived, I poured whiskey into the glass for myself. I drank all of it in a sip. I leaned my head back against the wall, closing my eyes shut.

The baby's heartbeats were still repeating in my head

The baby's heartbeats were still repeating in my head. Hearing his heartbeats, it was an indescribable feeling. After it, I couldn't control my anger towards Ashley. I wished he was my baby. Our baby.

I slid down against the wall and sat down on the floor. I hit my head back against the wall slightly.

"Dammit!" I hissed under my breath.

The doorbell hummed. I frowned, annoyed. I didn't want to see anyone now. But it hummed again. I breathed deeply and stood up. I went towards the door and opened the door. It was Mike.

He raised his eyebrow at me as he said. "A tough day?"

I walked back without replying. I poured two glasses of whiskey and handed him one of them.

I took a sip as I muttered. "I went to the doctor with Ashley today."

He looked at me, surprised as he placed his elbows on his thighs. He looked at me attentively, waiting for me to continue.

"I heard the baby's heartbeats." I mumbled without holding myself from smiling.

He raised his eyebrow in surprise. "And?" I shrugged my shoulder as I took a sip from my drink.

"Did the doctor say how far along she is?" He asked.

I looked at him, intrigued. "No."

I smiled as an idea came into my mind. I stood up quickly as I placed my glass down on the centre table and rushed out.

"What happened?" Mike yelled behind me, but I left without listening to him.

I parked my car in front of the hospital. I was so nervous. I breathed deeply and got out of the car. I found her doctor.

"You?" She asked, surprised when she saw me.

"Umm...I came with Ashley today." I said.

"Yes, I remember. Is Ashley okay?" She asked.

"Yeah...Sorry for disturbing, but I want to ask you about...her due date. I will go abroad for a few months, but I am worried about her and the baby. I don't want to leave them alone." I lied.

She smiled as she said. "Don't worry. You are not the only father who is anxious towards her pregnant wife." I gave her a slight smile. "But you should be beside her and support her. I think you are working hard, because she always comes here alone."

Alone? I looked at her, confused. Why doesn't James come with her? James was always thoughtful, he never let her come alone.

"She is seven months pregnant now. But I don't recommend leaving her alone by herself. It will be good if someone is beside her." She said.

I couldn't concentrate on the last sentence. She is seven months pregnant now. This sentence repeated in my head. I smiled sheepishly.

He is my baby. Mine. Aspen is my son.

I was on cloud nine.