Chapter 28 - Agony

Ashley's POV

I tensed up. Blaze looked at me before he turned his gaze towards my father as he replied. "No, I don't think so."

"Maybe you have seen each other at some event." George added.

"No..." My father said while thinking. "Yeah, I remembered. I have seen you in front of my house. You had left before I arrived. You are Ashley's friend. The security guard told me when I asked who you were." My father said.

I felt dizzy. No, not now. I looked at Blaze nervously like I wanted him to help me with this situation.

He cleared his throat as he said. "No. I haven't known Ashley before my brother introduced her to us. I am sure, you mistook me for someone else."

"Maybe." My father said without insisting anymore. But he looked unconvinced.

"Dinner is served." Patricia intervened.

I looked at Blaze before going towards the table. He shrugged his shoulders.

James placed his hand on my back as he asked, concerned. "Are you feeling bad? Your face is pale."

"Yeah." I muttered without looking at him.

After dinner, I didn't feel fine. I went to the bathroom to wash my face.

When I walked out of the bathroom, Blaze approached me.

He roamed my face as he asked, concerned. "Are you fine?"

"Yeah. Thanks." I muttered as I gave him a slight smile.

When I wanted to leave, he grabbed my wrist and stopped me.

"Why are you avoiding me, Ashley?" He asked, plunging his eyes into mine.

I bit my lower lip nervously, looking away. "I am not." I muttered, still without looking into his eyes.

"You are!" He hissed.

I sighed and asked, changing the subject. "When did my father see you?"

He ran his hand through his hair and gave me a shy smile as he replied. "I came to see you. But the security guard told me that you weren't at home. Probably he saw me then." He let my wrist as he added sarcastically. "I tried to make you forgive me stupidly while you have been hooking up with my brother."

I gave him a dirty look. How dare he! I shook my head at him, disappointed. I was holding my tears back barely. I wouldn't cry in front of him.

I ran to my room without saying anything. As soon as I closed the door behind me, my tears ran down.

This morning I woke up without feeling nauseous. My morning sickness was getting better compared to the last few weeks.

After taking a shower, I put my clothes on. I looked at myself in the mirror. I lifted my blouse up and rubbed my stomach gently, smiling. My bump started showing.

James walked in after knocking on the door. He looked angry.

"Ugh! This guy makes me mad." He hissed.

"What happened?" I asked.

"Blaze!" He hissed, running his hand through his hair. "I don't understand what is going on with him. His actions changed towards me. He is angry at me, but I don't know why he is angry at me. I asked, but he didn't say anything."

I was looking at him, my hand on my stomach. I felt guilty. Blaze had been behaving badly towards him because of me.

"Sorry, I didn't want to make you sad. Don't worry. I will handle it." He gave me a slight smile.

He took some files and left the room.

I should talk to Blaze about it. I didn't want to come between two brothers. I caressed my bump, sighing.

I took my bag and went to the company. Blaze was there. James and his father had a meeting outside of the company. It was the best place to talk to Blaze.

I went directly to his office as I arrived. His secretary informed him.

"He is waiting for you, Mrs. Anderson." His secretary informed me.

I knocked on the door and walked in. He looked surprised by my sudden visit.

"Hi." I muttered.

"Hi. Sit down, please." He smiled at me as he gestured to the seat beside his desk. I nodded and sat down.

"Would you like to drink something?" He asked.

"No, thanks." I sighed as I said. "I want to talk to you."

He looked at me curiously. "I am all ears." He said, giving me his charming smile.

"James.." I muttered. He expression changed. His gritted his teeth as his face darkened, looking at me. "I don't want to come between you and your brother. He doesn't know about our past. Don't make him pay for our faults. It is between us. Don't involve him in this."

He stood up, placing his hands into his pockets as he approached me. I stood up.

"Baby, it was between us." He said mockingly, emphasizing the word was. "There is nothing between us. You are just the past. Nothing more. And you are not an important person who can come between my brother and me." He said bitterly, looking into my eyes.

I averted my eyes, looking away as my eyes filled with tears. You are not an important person. This sentence was repeating in my mind. These words made my heart scattered. I was a fool. I forgot all things that had happened between us. I thought I was wrong about him, and he really loved me. But I was just a stupid woman who was madly in love with a man who wasn't worth it.

I was fighting my tears back. I didn't want to show him my weakness. I didn't want to make him feel satisfied that he could still affect me.

I pursed my lips together as I said. "Sorry for disturbing you. I forgot for a second that I wasn't important for you." I said sarcastically while trying to control my voice and left his office in quick steps.

As soon as I left the building, my tears ran down my cheeks. I was so stupid letting him break my heart again and again.

I wiped my tears off my cheeks, but they were still running down. I leaned against the wall, trying to calm down.

Stop crying, Ashley! I said to myself with my inner voice.

I wiped my tears off my cheeks as I walked towards my car. Suddenly, I noticed the car coming towards me. The speed was accelerated while getting close to me. I froze in my place in panic.