Chapter 34 - Reckoning

Blaze's POV

"Yes...thank you." I beamed at her and left.

I couldn't stop myself from smiling. I was smiling ear-to-ear.

I am going to be a father.

I felt it. Deep in my heart, I felt he was my son.

I parked my car in front of the mansion. I was angry at Ashley. How dare she keep my baby away from me!

I rushed towards the door.

"Where is Ashley?" I asked the housekeeper.

"She is in the garden, sir."

As soon as she told me Ashley was in the garden, I went to the garden. I stopped when I saw her stroking her stomach, talking to her bump happily. For a moment, I forgot all my anger.

She looked so beautiful

She looked so beautiful. Pregnancy suited her well. She was glowing. I shook my head, sighing.

Concentrate,Blaze!

I cleared my throat and approached her.

When she saw me, she stood up carefully, her hand resting on her bump.

"Blaze, I have to tell you something." She said.

"New lies?" I asked mockingly.

"Blaze." She gave me a sad look. "Aspen...he is our baby. You are his father." She said, looking into my eyes.

I placed my hands into my pockets, looking at her nonchalantly.

Finally! But it is too late, baby.

She looked at me nervously as she waited for my reaction. But I didn't say anything, I was just staring at her.

"I know you don't believe me. I lied to you when we were in the hospital the first time. I..."

"I know, Ashley." I interrupted her.

She looked at me, dumbfounded. "...How?" She mumbled.

"It is not important." I replied dryly.

"Blaze, please forgive me. When I...." She said, looking sorry.

"Stop it, Ashley. Why did you lie to me? Do you hate me so much? Didn't you see how I was suffering? Ok, you hate me. But...how can you keep my baby in secret from me?" I snarled.

"Blaze..." She murmured as tears ran down her cheeks.

"I will not forgive you." I gave her a hatred look and left without listening to her anymore.

Ashley's POV

I felt dizzy as I watched him leave. I placed my hand on the table for support while tears were running down my cheek.