Chapter 14 - Heartbreak

Ashley's POV

I was caressing little shoes in my hand, smiling. I saw them in the baby shop in Paris. They were adorable. I placed them back in the box and put the box in my bag as I looked at the changing floor numbers in the elevator.

I called Blaze when I arrived in New York. He said he was in his penthouse. I didn't tell him that I had come back.

Finally, the elevator door opened and I walked out. I pulled a spare key from his penthouse out of my bag that he gave me a few weeks ago. I breathed deeply as I opened the door. I was so excited and nervous.

When I walked it, I heard some voices coming from the living room

When I walked it, I heard some voices coming from the living room. Probably, it was Mike. Blaze told me he was waiting for him. I stopped my steps when I heard what Mike said, shocked.

"After all, she is in love with you, and you had sex with her. You won the bet. You should not give your car to me."

I was frozen in my place. My legs were trembling. Suddenly, I felt dizzy. I placed my hand against the wall for support.

The same sentence repeated in my mind. I was breathing heavily. My eyes filled with tears.

He was lying to me. All of those moments that we had spent together, all of those were a big lie. He twisted a knife in my heart.

No, it is not true. I heard wrong. Yes, he couldn't do it to me. No, no, no. My world shattered into a million pieces. He was pretending all this time for a car? For the damned car?

Mike's expression changed when he noticed me.

"What hap..." Blaze turned around as he asked. He stopped without finishing his sentence when he saw me, his eyes widened. He looked at me, shocked, his jaw dropped as the color drained out of his face. He was looking at me speechless.

I looked at him with a pure disgust in my eyes. The fucking bastard is speechless now. Or most probably, trying to find new lies to tell me.

A few seconds later, he stood up and walked towards me as he said. "Ashley, please, let me explain."

"Don't come near me!" I barked at him.

"Ashley, please. I really love you. Please, believe me." He pleaded, giving me a begging look.

I gave him a mocking laugh." Blaze, stop it! You got what you had wanted. Don't pretend anymore. I hate you. I hate you. " I hissed at him and turned around. I left the penthouse in quick steps.

Fortunately, the elevator arrived quickly.

"Ashley!" He called my name, rushing after me.

The door closed before he caught me. I leaned back against the wall as tears ran down my cheeks. I pressed my hand onto my stomach, crying.

How could he do it to me? I loved him. I freaking loved him. That dumbass bastard.

I left the building as soon as possible. I stopped in front of the building as I saw his car parked in front of the building.

I clenched my fist, breathing deeply. I looked around, finally, I saw a few stones on the ground. I grabbed them quickly and threw them at the windscreen with all my strength. The windscreen shattered, and there were pieces of glass inside the car.

See what I am doing to your too precious car, you bastard!

Blaze's POV

When I was about to catch her, the elevator door closed. Fuck! I hissed as I pressed the button. Mike came after me and placed his hand on my shoulder.

"Blaze, calm down. She will listen to you. She loves you."

I ran my hands through my hair, closing my eyes shut. "She hates me." I muttered.

Finally, the elevator door opened. When I left the building, I saw Ashley throwing stones at my car, glass shattered and pieces of glass were inside the car as well as on the ground.

"Fuck!" Mike hissed behind me.

After getting rid of my shock, I approached her and wrapped my arms around her waist from behind tightly as I wanted to pull her back.

"Let go of me, you fucking bastard!" She shouted at me while squirming in my arms, trying to release from my grip. I lifted her up and pulled her back.

"Ashley, stop. You will get hurt yourself. There is glass on the ground." I explained.

But she was still squirming without listening to me. "Let go of me! Put me down! And don't pretend like you care!"

I set her on her feet away from broken glass and held her arms. "Ashley, please, let me explain. I love you. It was in the beginning. But then, I fell in love with you. I am in love with you madly, deeply." I pleaded, devastated, giving her a begging look.

"I don't want to listen to your lies. Let go of me!" She punched my chest. I tightened my grip around her arms without letting her go.

Suddenly, she kicked me between my legs. I cried out in pain and fell down on my knees. She ran away, disappearing among people.

Fuck! I hissed in pain, grabbing my member, pressing my lips together, closing my eyes shut.

"Blaze, are you fine?" Mike asked, placing his hand on my shoulder.

"Do I look fine from there?!" I snapped at him, giving him a death glare.

After the pain passed, I stood up with Mike's help. When I wanted to go after Ashley, Mike grabbed my arm, stopping me.

"Blaze, where are you going? She has already got further away from here, you can not catch her. And she needs time to calm down."

I sat on the back of the car, devastated, my elbows on my thighs as I breathed deeply.

What am I going to do now? I totally screwed up

What am I going to do now? I totally screwed up. I closed my eyes shut as I ran my fingers through my hair. Dammit! Dammit!

Ashley's POV

I was walking more than an hour, wrapping my arms around myself, still crying. I didn't know where I was anymore. I stopped and sat on the stairs in front of the building, leaning against the wall. I pulled my legs against my stomach and wrapped my arms around them, leaning my head against my knees.

"Ashley?"

I lifted my head up as I heard my name.

"James?" I mumbled.

"What happened? Why are you crying?" He asked me, worried as he walked closer to me.

I stood up and hugged him tightly, still crying. He hugged me back, stroking my hair. "Shh. Don't cry." He said tenderly.

When I pulled away, my vision blurred. I felt fizzy. Suddenly, my vision darkened.