Chapter 11 (Let Go)

Jhope gently takes Taehyung's wrist, and this time Taehyung goes with him, his bangs covering his eyes as he drifts past you.

"Wait!" You didn't decide to, but your hand dashes out and grabs Taehyung's arm.
"Taehyung... don't go, not like this."

He turns.

Your heart rips in half at the look on his face.
At the knowledge that you've done something terrible to him.

"I'm... I'm so, so sorry. I meant to tell you, I swear." You hold onto his arm tight.

Everyone is frozen.

Taehyung finally sighs.

"It's okay," he says gently, "I am not angry you don't like me. I didn't really think you would."

He pauses.

He removes your hand from his sleeve but holds onto your fingers, looking down at them.

"But you liked Jiminie the whole time. And you didn't tell me. That's not right."

The wave of shame that swept over you was crushing.

"I know. I know. I just... there never seemed like a right time to tell anyone. But I should have told you. I'm so sorry." You force the words past your lips even though they don't mean anything now.
Even though they are four days late.
Ninety-six hours where you could have sent him a text. Spoken to him. Said anything at all about the fact that you were in love with his friend and not him.

Kim Taehyung looks into your eyes, taking in your expression and your words.

Then he smiles softly.
"I forgive you. Because that's what you do when you care about someone. You forgive them."

He pats your hand and lets go.

J-Hope positively beams at him with pride. Namjoon smiles encouragingly. The Bangtan guys slowly all defrost, beginning to shuffle again.
J-Hope reaches out and gently pulls Taehyung up the stairs, the rest of them following.

Your heart heavy, you lock eyes with Jimin standing alone at the top of the steps.

He takes a deep breath, resigned.

Jimin trails down the stairs, beckoning you as he slips into the back alley behind the building. He ducks to an indented doorway of a side door.
You follow, sliding out of sight with him.

He leans into the cement wall and sighs, roughly pushing his hair out of his face.

His face is gaunt. There are dark shadows under his eyes.

It takes everything else out of your mind.

"Jimin... are you... are you not getting enough rest?" you ask, concerned.
You try to keep your brows and your face from frowning with worry, but your tone escapes your guard and comes out urgent.

His eyes flit to you.

You attempt to hold his gaze, but your heart is rampant, too loud in your ears.

He smiles bitterly.
"Have I been getting enough rest?"

He tilts his head back, onto the wall behind him.
"How could I possibly rest?"

"Jimin... talk to me," you say quietly.