Chapter 7 (Pied Piper)

You scribble zigzag lines on the edge of your notepad.

Jimin's sitting on a chair a few feet away.

It's taking so much willpower to not look at him.

Everybody has just arrived, and the stylists are unpacking their boxes and bags.

Bangtan sits straggled in the room amidst the mayhem, each on their phones or closing their eyes for a rest.

Taehyung is closest to you.

He pokes your arm gently and offers you one of his earbuds.

You take it to pass the time.

He's listening to electronic music again.

You bob your head with him in sync, the two of you grinning.

His stylist sets down her case on the table and spins his chair to face the mirror.

You remove your earbud and put it back in Taehyung's ear.

You sneak a look towards Jimin, and your heart flies to see him already looking at you.

Your eyes lock.

Your face goes hot.

Jimin smiles mischievously and turns away, pulling out his phone from his pocket.

A little deprived but also glad you're not staring at each other in front of everybody, you sigh and decide to go study Suga's new hair.

You're watching Suga's stylist comb through it when your phone vibrates.

You check the screen, absent-mindedly.

It's from Jimin.

You lower your phone and walk over to a wall, putting your back to it before you open the text.

It's a short message, with a picture attached.

Hi