Chapter 8 (Taehyung Confesses)

It's been six days on the road.

You've gotten pretty good at living out of your suitcase since you started at BigHit.

You still facepalm when you pull out your dress and it's a tiny bit wrinkled. You packed a formal floor length dress especially for the ceremony BTS is attending today.

Carefully doing your hair and makeup, you can't help but be a little excited. Working with them has given you so many opportunities and opened your eyes.

You gather and lift the hem of the long skirt gently as you make your way downstairs to the hotel lobby, joining the two other BigHit staff members also attending.

The three of you take a taxi across the city.
It's a long drive.
You're briefed on the seating chart and floor plan of the ceremony.

When you arrive at the incredible cluster of limo-lined buildings, you're dropped off at a side door. The front door is for the celebrities and ushers.

You pull out your pass at the door and flash it at Security.

Both of your colleagues wave goodbye and break off as you make your way to the backstage wing.

Finding the Bangtan dressing rooms proves a challenge even though you were told precisely where they were.
The long hallways were packed.

The bustle of crew and equipment push and pull you as you struggle to shove forward, reading the signs on the doors and keeping your dress from tripping you.

Finally you find the right door, only because you recognized Jhope's stylist entering.

You squeeze in behind her.

It is much more relaxed inside the room.

The BTS members are fully primped and polished already, each sporting a headful of perfectly waxed hair, differently and artistically styled to highlight their individual faces.
They are seven heads of art. You shake your own head, not the first time floored by the skills of the stylists.

All the guys are wearing black suit jackets and lighter makeup than usual, looking very classy and assured as they lounge around talking to staff.

Jimin is sitting quietly on a chair beside Namjoon, both reading the same piece of paper.

You take a deep breath and brush by them, looking straight ahead at Jin.

"Hi," Namjoon looks up right as you pass.

You freeze mid-step.

"Hi," you say, giving him a small wave.

Jimin looks up in surprise at your voice.