School and New friends

Disclaimer -

I do not own Rick Riordan's characters or story and I will never claim to own it. The plot of this story is merely mine though. Some excerpts of the passage may be from the original story and are also not mine and any claims go to Rick Riordon. 

3rd Person Pov

(Percy has been in school for a couple months now) - 

"Percy Jackson?"

The raven-haired boy was jolted out of his thoughts and glanced at his teacher.

"Hmm..., What? I asked.

Students snickered at the boy's answer.

"I was wondering if you were paying attention, Percy?" the teacher asked me.

The boy hadn't paid any attention at all.

"Umm..Yes?" Percy answered seeming to state question rather than reply.

"Excellent, Mr. Jackson. Can you tell me what I was talking about and what you didn't understand?" the teacher Mr.Clrark asked me.

Wait, what were we discussing? I know this, I know this!, I do!

No, No I don't. The boy thought.

Great, I know we were discussing something about Rome but what? the boy started to think frantically.

His eyes glanced around the classroom for any clues about what we may be discussing"

He saw something scribbled on the edge of the whiteboard. Oh yeah!

"We were discussing what caused the fall of Rome," Percy said with certainty. "Right, Mr. Clark?" Percy asked his teacher.

"What was the main factor that caused the fall of Rome?, Mr. Jackson." the Teacher asked raising his eyebrows.

Thank Theseus for all of his boring lessons" the boy thought.

"Foreign tribes invading the empire" Percy stated.

"Very good, Mr. Jackson.

And the teacher continued droning on about the fall of Rome.

Because of Theseus, and the lessons that he drilled into Percy's head he found that he didn't have to actually focus on something to remember it. He could split his attention and still get away with not paying attention to what was going on around him.

Percy found that having good reflexes and a good memory helps when you don't want to pay attention. Seriously, who does?

This is so boring! Percy thought to himself.

It was really awesome that he didn't have to pay any real attention in class and still get grades. Percy thought to himself.

After what seemed like forever the bell rang and all the students left class.

With a wave to Mr. Clark Percy left his classroom and sauntered down the halls of the building.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Percy Pov

I continued to walk down the hall to meet my friend Dakota.

I should probably explain - Dakota is a good friend of mine, he has blue eyes and black hair and is around as tall as me. I had a feeling that he was a demigod from Camp Jupiter but I wasn't sure.