TS-19
—————————————————-

       We all rush into the building, those with guns raising them as they run in. Jessie and I watch one section, me with my knife out and him holding my gun up. I needed to get that back sometime soon. I hear the distinct sound of a gun cocking and I immediately pull Arrow and Jasper to me, hiding them behind me. Caspian turns to the sound and points my gun. He's so lucky we all know how to use it.

"Anyone infected?" I hear a slightly recognizable voice and look up to see a man. Something about him seems so familiar, but I don't know why.

"One of us was. He didn't make it." Rick explains, looking down at his feet briefly. I furrow my eyebrows as he mentions Jim. I feel a familiar sting in the back of my eyes but push it back.

"Why are you here what do you want?" The voice interrogates us as he walks closer.

"A chance." Rick croaks.

"That's asking an awful lot these days." Why is he so familiar? I'm going to lose my mind.

"I know." Rick breathes out, practically breathless as he hopes the man lets us stay. The mans eyes scan over each and everyone of us and I stand up straighter. His eyes linger on us for a beat to long and I falter slightly, confused.

"You all submit to a blood test that's the price of admission." He left no room for argument.

      "We could do that." Rick agrees.

       The man puts his gun down, "You got stuff to bring in, you do it now. When those doors close, it stays closed." He says before making his way to the doors.

       Glenn, Rick, Shane, Daryl, and Caspian run to go get their stuff. I had no say in wether or not Caspian could help, he just bolted. We already had our stuff with us, well our clothes mainly. When they come running back in, T-dog and Dale close the doors.

"Vi, que the main entrance. Clear the power up here." The man speaks loudly, seeming to talk to a computerized system.

"Rick Grimes." Rick introduces himself.

"Dr. Edwin Jenner." Edwin replies, and it suddenly clicks for me. He's our uncle from my moms side!

  "Uncle Edwin?" Caspian's voice comes out quietly. The man turns around, glancing at us. He gives us a tight lipped smile as Arrow and Jasper run up to hug him. Caspian makes his way over to hug him as well. I follow Caspian, waiting to hug him when everyone lets go of him. I hug him tightly, having missed him.

     "We'll catch up later, y'all smell." He teases before pulling away from me. I smile up at him before gesturing for him to guide the way. I put my arm around Arrow's shoulders as we follow. We make our way into an elevator and I find myself sandwiched between Glenn and Daryl. The kids stood in the center and Caspian stood closest to uncle Ed.

"Doctors always going around packing heat like that?" Daryl questions from my left.

"There were plenty laying around, I familiarized myself." He says, turning back, "Well you look harmless enough, except you. I'll have to keep my eye on you." He says to Carl. Carl's face lights up into a smile. We get out the elevator and start to walk down a hall.

"Are we underground?" Carols voice was kind of shaken.

"You claustrophobic?" Edwin asks.

"A little." She responds.

     "Try not to think about it."

"Vi! Bring up the lights in the big room." He announces as we step into a big room with computers. The lights come on and we stand a few ways behind him. "Welcome to zone 5." He says to us as he turns back to us.