TRIGGERFINGER

could they be okay again?

Venus continued to stare at the dead bodies of the two strangers that Rick had just shot dead. Glenn held his hand on her shoulder while Caspian stood with Rick. The entire group knew that what just happened, had to happen.

"Let's head back." Hershel spoke, glancing up at Venus. He knew that what Tony had said had made her worried, knowing exactly what he had meant.

Rick bends down to take Tony's shotgun and dug through his pants pockets to grab the shotgun shells. Venus did the same to Dave, letting Glenn assist her. It felt weird to rifle through a dead mans items. They make their way to the doors until they hear a car.

"Car, car. Get down!" Rick whisper shouted and everyone got down against the wall by the door. Glenn made sure that Venus was crouched below him as he covered her body with his.

"Dave? Tony?" A strange voice called out, "They said over here?"

"Yeah. I'm telling you, man, I heard shots."

"I saw roamers two streets over. Might be around here." A third voice spoke. Caspian gripped his gun tight, knowing this wasn't going to end well.

"It's hot. We gotta get out of here"

"Dave! Tony!"

"Shut up, you idiot! You wanna attract 'em?" The third voice scolded. "Just stick close. We're gonna find 'em."

"Dude, he said to stay close." The second man said as one got close to the door of the bar. The three quietly look around for the two men.

Rick looks through the clothed window to see where the three men went before quietly making his way across the door to the other 3, Caspian following in suit.

"Why won't they leave?" Glenn whispered, panicked.

"Would you?" Hershel questioned.

"We can't sit here any longer. Let's head out the back and make a run to the car."  Rick whispers and the group makes their way up, just to get back down to their spots as gunshots sound. Glenn holds onto Venus' shoulder, keeping her in place as she stumbles a bit from her spot.

The group listens as the three men speak to each other, their voices slowly approaching the bar. The door begins to open as Rick makes his way back to his spot, and Glenn shoves his body against the door, holding it shut. Venus stares at her boyfriend with wide eyes, her hands shaking with anxiety.

"Someone pushed the door shut." One of the men say, responding to his friends question.

"Yo, is someone in there? Yo, if someone's in there we don't want no trouble. We're just looking for our friends." A second voice speaks loudly. Caspian stares at his sister, gripping the gun in his hand tighter. If these guys were friends with Tony and Dave, they for sure would have the same mindset as Tony. He didn't want them around his sister.

"What should we do? Bum rush the door?"

"No, we don't know how many are there. Just relax." Hershel pushes Venus behind him, making sure that her slightly dunken self was in the last position to fight. Even if she seemed sobered up, she still had alcohol in her system.