🌻take your mind off it🌻

Sorry if there are any mistakes. I wrote this in the car so... also, my other book, proud, is up now. Give it a shot if you like. :) xx

The funeral was horrible. Louis kept tearing up, so Harry had to call James to come and pick them up since Louis was in no state to drive. The poor servant had to take the bus to the church.

When James was finally there, Louis had stopped crying. He handed over his car key and pulled Harry with him in the backseat. He placed his head on the younger boy's lap and closed his tired eyes.

Harry placed his hand on Louis his shoulder, rubbing it every now and then. None of them said anything. It wasn't a comfortable silence. The air was thick and Harry felt like he would suffocate.

When they arrived home, the dominant flew out of the car, not even bothering to wait for Harry as he ran into the bedroom. Harry sat in the car, stunned at Louis' actions. Harry knew it was a very bad thing to do, but when he saw how upset Louis was about Eleanor, jealousy was still stinging in his chest.

Slowly, Harry unbuckled his seatbelt and slumped inside of the house, immediately walking into the kitchen to cook Louis and him a meal for the night.

He threw the pasta in a pan and filled it with water. The water started boiling as Harry made the easiest sauce possible, he wasn't in the mood for something difficult and he knew Louis wasn't either.

Harry's mind was all over the place except for what he was doing right now. He was worried about his boyfriend. He had never seen Louis this upset and it scared him a little, to say the least.

Quiet footsteps could be heard when Harry Harry poured the pasta through a colander.

The boy was so out of it that he accidentally touched the burning pan with his hand. He cried out in pain and dropped the thing out of instinct, sending it flying to the floor together with the other pan, the boiling water splashing everywhere.

''Fuck!'' Harry yelled when the water also poured down his leg and foot.

''Oi!'' Louis rushed into the kitchen with an angry face. ''You swore, over my lap, right now.'' He hissed and sat down on one of the kitchen chairs.

Harry shook his head. ''Give me a second, Louis.'' He whispered. Louis raised an eyebrow at him and went to pull him over his lap anyway, but when he saw tears in Harry's eyes he stopped.

''Why are you crying, love?'' Louis asked softly. Harry turned his hand and showed Louis the burn. Louis' eyes softened. ''Is that why you swore?'' He asked.

Harry shook his head.

''No, the water splashed over my leg I-I... I tried not to swear, I'm sorry.'' He told his dominant. Louis stood up and led Harry to the sink. He turned on the cold water and pushed Harry's hand under the stream so that the water could indirectly stream over the burn.

Harry rubbed his teary eyes and looked at the pasta and sauce that was scattered all over the floor.

''There goes our food.'' He mumbled sadly.

Louis shook his head. ''Don't worry, princess. We can order pizza as well.'' Harry smiled at Louis but cried out when the stream sprayed directly onto the burn.

Louis was quick to pull his hand back and examine it. He tenderly kissed the sore skin.

''Take your pants off, H. Wanna see how bad those burns are, yeah?'' Harry obeyed without thinking twice, showing Louis his red legs.

Louis sighed and grabbed some cream from one of the top drawers Harry couldn't reach. He gently rubbed the cream into Harry's skin, the boy moaning slightly when Louis rubbed his thigh.