22

dannys pov

dannys pov

I walked into the kitchen and helped Betty out with the dishes, we exchanged pleasantries. I had been getting the feeling lately that someone is watching me. Every time I turn around its like someone is there. I have nightmares of Eric coming back for me.

I took a deep breath. "Is something wrong darling?" Betty immeadetly noticed my uneasiness.

"Yeah, i feel like someone is watching me"

"hmm that's weird, we have high security so its probably just your imagination" I nodded, her reasoning seemed better than mine. It was almost 5:00, I am going out to dinner with Rea tonight.

"I think I am going to leave if that's okay with you?" I ran my hand along the string around my apron to loosen the knot.

"Of course" she said throwing the paper towel she was using to wipe the counter.

I walked up to my room, I hovered my hand over the metal door handle. I swung the door open and saw my bed had a note on it. I walked up and lifted it to see the words written.

In the same cursive hand writing as before, it read...
"Danielle please meet me in the gardens"
-Xavier

My eyebrows furrowed in confusion, I was curious as to why he'd want to meet me and
what was going to happen.

Rea strolled into the room "Hey girl!"

"Hey" I said quietly, I was rereading the note.

"Is something wrong?" I felt her presence come closer and I glanced up. "Look" I tapped the note and her eyes went back and forth on the sheet of paper.

"You can go down and see what's going on if you'd like, I can wait."

I smiled and spread my arms out for a hug which she gladly accepted. "Thanks Rea" I released my arms from the hug.

I walk down the stairs and into the garden. There was beautiful roses growing and tulips blooming. "Daniella?" I saw Xavier standing on their sidewalk that went through the garden.

"Yes?"

"I need your help but this needs to stay between us two," his voice lowered, "I need you to pretend to be my fiancé"

I stepped back quickly, "yeah no that's not happening"

"I have given you food, and a place to live, this is the least you could do to repay me." I bit my lip and sighed, my hand pressed to my forehead.

"I'm sorry but I have to ask, why?" Like any girl in the right mind would ask why to a boy who blatantly asked to be a fake fiancé.

Xavier sat down on the wooden bench near us, so I sat down next to him. "I need to make a deal with another gang and they will not take me seriously if I'm not in a relationship. I've been single for so long they are going to see me as a untrustworthy guy."

"So why me?"

"You are new, and you haven't been her for a long time but just enough where people know that you are here." I nodded.

"Okay I will do it, but this means we are even" I lifted my head, attempting to look more confident then I really am.

Xavier hand stretched out his hand, "it's a deal" we shook hands.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
i am so sorry this was so short but i didn't want to end it at a awkward spot, i hope you liked it.

goodbye fellow pizza lovers

-fairlynna your awkward cookie