10

Danny's POV
I walked through the now crowded mall hoping to find a better place where I feel safe. At least a place where it feels like no one is watching.

I took a deep breath and sat down at a Starbucks. I pulled out the phone box from one of my shopping bags looking at it quizzicality. The white box was smooth to the touch. I pulled the top off to see a phone. It was gold, I smiled at that.

I've always loved the colour gold. It had this princesses vibe that I loved. I'm not a princess but far from it. If I were to live in the medelvel times I would want to be the girl who worked at the book store. I would sell books to those with imagination spinning in their heads.

I started setting it up and that took more than awhile. I suddenly feel the crazy feeling. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. Nothing is
going to happen, you're safe. If I tell myself that enough, I'll believe it.

I looked around taking in my surroundings. Something caught my attention. It was that jet black. It was him.

Go Danny go.

I swiftly got up, I grabbed my bags and let my hair fall in front of my face. He can't see me. 

Danger, that's what he is. He's the monster you were scared of when you were a child. The one that hid in your closet and under your bed.

He's the bad feeling when you get a awful grade in class. The feeling of broken hearts. When your friend says something behind your back, the one friend that trusted. The worst feeling rolled up in one person.

I felt my heart beating faster and faster. I wouldn't wish fear on anyone, fear stays with you always. Everyone has a fear that eats you up.

I pushed the mall door open. Where do I go? I looked down at the phone. Rea, she knows where the house is.

I texted her. My mouth became dry when I lied to her, I told her I was tired and I was going to catch a cab.

She sweetly replied, which made lying to her worse. She's something good in my life. She and Liam have been the only ones to make me feel pure joy.

I walked to the address, it was only twenty minutes away. As I walked memories snuck into my head.

I took a deep breath and let my mind wander.

*Flashback*
"Dan, you ready?" My dad asked. His face held sorrow and worry. We both were sad, depressed even.

"Yes dad" I looked to him. He loved mom. More than anything, he loved us.

We walked into the dark reception hall. Everything was red and white, my mothers favorite colors.

My grandmother Mia set it up. She immersed herself into the funeral planning. She was slowly losing it, the doctors told her she couldn't go. She doesn't even remember her daughter, they don't want to scare her.

I listened to the relatives and friends talk about how their so sad and how they loved her more.

People came up to me saying how they were sorry and how I was a real warrior.

I looked at my dad who was at the bar. He took a big gulp which made my stomach cramp. He's been drinking more and more. I get that he's trying to numb the pain but it's not healthy anymore.

I took small strides towards him. I put my small hand on his broad shoulder.
"Dad I think you've had enough" I whispered quietly. His eyes turned stone cold.

"You have no idea why this happened, Daniella, you were the cause" his eyes scared me. "I loved her and you took that away from me, you have no right to say that I've had enough" That's when my heart broke.
*End of flashback*

A tear threatened fall out of my eye. I closed my eyes to keep the flood gates closed.

I finally got back to the house tired and afraid.

I feel like my whole life has been tired and afraid.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Hola my peeps. So this chapter was short but the next chapter was really long. And I didn't want it to end in an awkward spot. There will be some Xavier and Danny action I promise.
Goodbye fellow pizza lovers
- FairlynnA your awkward cookie