007 >< i like you ge

(a/n: this part is a bit angsty, sorryy ㅠㅠ)

xukun and yanchen felt happy. very happy. they had succeeded in pulling linong away from justin, and justin knew that. but the younger didn't want to give up. he knew that he stood no chance. not even a small percentage. but he genuinely loved the cute boy and he couldn't just ignore his feelings. so he decided that getting rejected was better than holding onto false hope that linong would one day, fall for him as hard as he did for the other. 

justin searched the dorm for the sunshine and found him outside in the courtyard, alone. 'perfect.' he thought and walked up to linong. "hello nongnong ge." he said casually, plopping down on the bench beside him. linong looked up from his phone quickly and smiled when it was only justin. "hello justin di, what do you want?" justin's cheeks started to gather blood and he looked down, playing with his hands. "i.. uhh.. i like you." he mumbled. linong looked confused before his eyes widened. "you what?" he asked, a bit stunned at the sudden confession. justin winced but looked into linong's beautiful chocolate coloured eyes. "i said that i like you ge." linong was currently doing a good impersonation of a fish, mouth opening and closing in a steady rhythm. linong had heard him the first time, but he just wanted to be sure that he heard him correctly.

"j-justin.." linong started and he could feel a lump forming in his throat. justin gulped and prepared for the rejection. "i.. i.." linong hesitated. he didn't want to hurt the younger, but if he were to lie then that would hurt more than telling the truth once justin found out. "i'm sorry." and justin felt his heart shatter. he knew this was coming, so why did it hurt so much? but justin just pasted a smile on his face, "it's okay gege.. i understand.." but linong knew it was fake. the tears in justin's eyes were proof of that and linong couldn't help himself. he pulled justin into a hug. "i'm sorry justin. that i can't make you happy. but i swear, there is someone else. just for you, waiting out there." justin nodded and buried his face in linong's neck. 

"friends?" linong continued when justin stayed quiet. justin nodded again and linong sighed, before an idea came into his mind. "what do you say that we prank kunkun and xiao hua?" justin wiped away a few stray tears and pulled away from the hug, a real smile now on his face. "why not?" linong grinned, "okay.. so here's the plan.." linong cupped his hand behind justin's ear and whispered his idea, justin nodding along with it. when he was done, linong leaned back and justin was giggling with excitement. 

maybe being just friends with linong isn't so bad.

---

when xukun and yanchen came back from their little 'friendship outing', (they were just out to buy a few small gifts for linong) they were a bit shocked and very jealous at the scene that greeted them in the resting room.  justin and their lovely sunshine was sitting on the couch and cuddling, a smile on both of their faces. it looked like they were quite content with their close position and xukun and yanchen didn't miss their intertwined hands that was out on display on their laps. their eyes were closed and justin had his head under linong's chin. zhou rui passed by and looked at the two cuddling, before looking at xukun and yanchen that still had their mouth agape at the scene. he whistled lowly before walking out the door. "justin i'll pray for you." he said and waved, closing the door behind him. 

"what the heck." was all xukun managed to get out and linong quickly opened his eyes that were filled to the brim with mischief. "oh! hello xukun, yanchen." he greeted cheerfully, although he still did not move from his close position beside justin and tightened the hold on their hands which did not go unnoticed by the other two. "did you know?" linong said with a smile, feigning ignorance  to the death glares being sent to justin. "justin asked me out earlier today." 

an eerily quiet atmosphere took over the room once linong dropped that bomb shell with a bright smile. 

"he what know?" yanchen asked with a confused look, as if he didn't understand the words linong had uttered just a few moments ago. "he asked me out and i said yes!" linong chirped happily and yanchen and xukun could feel the pang of pain that could only associate itself with heartbreak. "oh." they said simultaneously, ignoring the flooding of pain mixed with a small amount of jealousy as they somberly congratulated them on their new relationship. 

---

"i'm surprised they haven't killed you yet." said linong, entering justin's dorm after a few light knocks. justin chuckled. "it's because i'm always around you. they wouldn't want their crush to see them committing murder." linong laughed a bit with him before it subsided. "i kind of feel guilty." linong confessed, taking a seat by the desks they were granted in the dorms. justin frowned and asked, "why?" linong merely shrugged. "i guess because of the look in their eyes, they look devoid of hope and that they are ready to give up any second now." linong explained slowly, twisting his hands around while doing so. justin hummed. "should we tell them now?" he asked, eyes travelling around the room to look at the clock. "it's been 2 days already." 

linong glanced at the clock too, before a small idea came to him. "yeah. and i have a rather fun way to tell them so." 

---

xukun and yanchen walked into the lunchroom, a sad atmosphere looming over their hunched bodies. they hadn't noticed how the staff and trainees around them stifled laughs before turning away. 

as they took a seat by the tables, the staff suddenly gave them a box. xukun and yanchen gave out a confused noise before turning to the staff. the staff just giggled, "open it." they said with a grin before walking back to the cameras. xukun and yanchen turned to each other before shrugging, opening the box.

that was their mistake.

the moment the box had fully opened, a flurry of pastel pink silly string erupted like a volcano, falling onto yanchen's and xukun's faces. the trainees and staff around them had laughed  and the two victims looked at each other before they too burst out laughing. then they glanced into the box. 

get pranked! 

it said inside the box in big, flowing letters. 

"pranked?" yanchen muttered, looking up when justin and linong took a seat at their table. linong giggled, "how did you like that little prank?" he said with a grin and xukun snorted, wiping the huge amount of silly string from his face. "that was good, not gonna lie." he said simply. justin chuckled, "we got another prank for you guys." he said and leaned forward. "linong and i aren't dating." he whispered before standing up and going to sit beside his yuehua gege's. 

yanchen and xukun gaped, before they looked at linong who was grinning mischievously at them. then linong stood up and grabbed their wrists, pulling them along to the court yard. "you know," he said, once they were out of ear-shot from all the cameras and people. "i was always aware of your guys' crush on me." yanchen tripped on mid-air and xukun choked. "you what?" asked xukun incredulously. linong smirked, swinging their arms back and forth in a child-like behaviour. "you heard me." 

xukun and yanchen looked at each other before gulping. taking a deep breath, yanchen asked, "who do you choose?" 

------------

nice cliffhanger, right? 

it seems like this book will end earlier than planned..

but if you want a 'date' chapter after the 3 different endings, then please comment so and i will start working on that!

ENDINGS!

1 - xukun's ending - linong chooses xukun

2 - yanchen's ending - linong chooses yanchen

3 - linong's ending - he chooses no one

BONUS CHAPTERS! - comment if you want it

1 - xukun's date with linong

2 - yanchen's date with linong

!all endings and all bonus chapters will be unique and special in their own way!

thank you for reading!

ly xx