001 >< he's mine

;no one's pov;

xukun didn't know that he fell for linong. that he fell hard. he found it out during the trip to happy camp when linong filmed him. he has never felt his heart beat so loudly in his entire life. even being on stage filled with adrenaline didn't pump it up that much. he wanted to ask why. why was his heart beating so fast? but he connected the dots soon enough. xukun also noticed that he wasn't the only one who fell for the boy who loves sponge bob. yanchen did it do.

xukun has never experienced jealousy before. but when he saw how yanchen looked at linong, like he was his whole world, his heart started to hurt. xukun started to think of the what-ifs. 'what if he likes yanchen? what if he doesn't like me? what if we won't get together in the end?' that occupied xukun's mind. but he had to focus on practice now, so he didn't think any further.

---

;no one's pov;

yanchen placed a hand over his heart, a pathetic attempt to calm it down. he swore that his heart would soon jump out of his chest with how hard it's beating. unlike xukun, yanchen was aware of his feelings to the other smiley boy since linong's first performance. but he still kept his distance from the boy. 'maybe it's just a small crush?' he told himself. but it wasn't. yanchen genuinely loved linong. though it seems like xukun did so too. 

yanchen clicked his teeth together at the thought of losing linong to the idol. he didn't want that. he was sure he loved linong more than xukun could ever imagine, distance be damned. yanchen was going to show how much he cares for linong and xukun will not stop him.

---

yanchen clenched his hands into a fist as he saw linong and xukun grip each others hands on stage. 'why does it have to be him? it should be me.' yanchen thought bitterly. he missed the concerned looks xiao gui and xingjie gave him. "rank 1. cai xukun." yanchen dug his nails into his palm. 'linong should be ranked 1, you don't deserve it xukun.' yanchen thought, but stood up to clap anyway. he did have to be polite. "and rank 2, chen linong." yanchen clapped harder, a smile on his face. 'i'm glad he's top 3 anyway.' 

but the smile soon vanished when the two walked off the stage, hugging each other and smiling. the bitterness returned. inside he was seething. 'how dare he. how dare he touch what is rightfully mine?' a frown tugged on his lips and he stopped clapping, placing his hands inside his pockets and sat down. yanchen leaned back on the chair and closed his eyes, still frowning. "hey gege, are you okay?" he heard xiao gui ask him. yanchen nodded, "i'm fine. why are you asking?" he cracked open one of his eyes. "you're acting a bit weird." xiao gui told him, less concerned. yanchen chuckled. "don't worry about it so much little ghost." xiao gui nodded. "if you say so.." yanchen closed his eyes again.

linong hugged the person beside him and yanchen made his face seem emotionless. then he felt someone tap his shoulder. yanchen looked at them and found linong grinning at him. yanchen resisted the urge to hold a hand over his heart to calm down the erratic beating. "what is it?" yanchen asked and sat up. "i just wanted a hug." linong pouted. yanchen rolled his eyes and stood up, holding his arms out. "i can't say no to a hug." he said. yanchen could only pray that linong didn't hear the beating of his heart as linong's arms wrapped around his neck.  he saw from the corner of his eyes that xukun glared at them and couldn't help the grin overtaking his face. 

then he realised how long they hugged and asked himself why linong hadn't pulled away yet. "um, nongnong? can you let go now?" he asked awkwardly when he noticed the trainees and zhang yixing pd staring at them. "why? i thought you said you liked hugs? and i like to listen to your heartbeat." yanchen's face started to burn. "i like hugs.. but this is a bit long.. umm, we can hug later?" yanchen awkwardly offered, but it was all worth it when he heard linong's angelic laugh. "sure yanchen ge. you better keep that promise!" yanchen nodded and linong walked up to his number 2 seat. but when linong pulled away, he could feel his heart missing the feeling of the younger's arms around him already. 'this is like one of those dramas i usually watch.' he thought randomly, still standing up. 

xukun walked up to his place and pulled him into a hug to. "he's mine." xukun whispered into his ear. yanchen just chuckled. "we'll see about that kunkun." yanchen whispered back and xukun pulled away, a frown on his face. but competiveness shone in his eyes. "first one to get his heart wins, yeah? if he falls for you, i'll back off and vice versa." xukun extended his pinky. yanchen grinned brightly, but if you looked close enough you could see the anger and competition hidden behind it. "it's a challenge then." yanchen hooked his pinky and nodded, "go up now to your number 1 seat that linong deserves." yanchen whispered bitterly to xukun. the idol just grinned, "i'm just keeping the seat warm for him yanchen." xukun waved him off and walked up the steps to get to his place, slowly sitting down and grinning. he locked eyes with linong and his grin grew even bigger. 

'he's mine.' both boys thought. the challenge had started, and it wouldn't stop until linong chose one of them.

_____

how'd you like the jealous boys? there will be more come 😜

ly xx