006 >< it's on

xukun and yanchen was once again found looking over linong. but instead of adoring smiles, a scowl was firmly set on their faces. if you were to look at the two without seeing the scene in front of them, you'd think that someone had just destroyed something the two had been working on for a life time. but that wasn't the case. the scene was just linong talking with that snake, justin. and even worse, the younger was flirting with linong! xukun and yanchen scoffed when linong laughed at a really bad joke justin told him. 

then the two clenched their hands into tight fists, nails digging into the skin of their palm, almost to the point of drawing blood. justin did the pick-up line yanjun told him a little while ago. "the distance to your hand and to your shoulder, then your shoulder to your other hand is the same." he said, hands following along to what he was saying and he was soon half-hugging linong. linong just blushed and laughed softly, feeling a bit shy. he placed a hand on justin's while doing so. yanchen and xukun never wanted to kill someone as much as now. and as if the younger could hear their thoughts, justin smirked at them smugly and turned linong away. 

---

"nongnong." xukun said once justin had left. "can we please hang out tomorrow? yanchen can go to." he asked, crossing his fingers that the sunshine would accept. linong smiled apologetically and xukun's heart broke. "i'm sorry kun ge, but justin told me that we would go to a small café nearby and hang out. maybe the day after?" he said, playing with his sleeves. xukun pursed his lips. "no. it's a special event scheduled for tomorrow, and tomorrow only." xukun informed him and linong frowned guiltily. "oh well, i'll just have to ask someone else then." xukun sighed sadly, bringing out 3 tickets to a firework show as well as cinema tickets. then he placed them back into his pocket and turned to leave. "bye linong." he said, purposely calling linong by his given name and not his nickname. linong flinched at that.

"w-wait!" he called out, xukun stopped mid-step and tilted his head to the side, indicating that he was listening. "i.. can tell justin that we can go on a later day.." linong said softly, heart heavy after hearing xukun's disappointed voice. but the weight quickly left once xukun gave him an adorable gummy smile. "are you sure?" he asked, linong just nodded and smiled as well. "i'm sure. i haven't hung out with you two in a while anyway."

xukun's smile didn't leave his face for the whole day. 

---

yanchen skipped across the hall and went to hug linong around the neck while he was talking to justin. he probably interrupted something, but he couldn't bring himself to care. "hello nongnong~" he cooed, then turned to justin with the most fake smile he could muster. "hello justin~, what were you two talking about?" yanchen asked innocently, justin scowled at him. "nothing you ne-" linong interrupted him and hugged yanchen back. "he was just telling me a few jokes, is all." he answered and his attention flipped to yanchen, ignoring justin that was calling his name. "have you been eating less yanchen ge?" linong frowned, picking yanchen up by his waist. justin scowled again and turned to leave. he knew that he wouldn't get linong's attention back so soon. 

linong bounced yanchen a bit and his frown deepened. "you feel lighter.." he put yanchen back down on the ground. "are you okay?" yanchen just smiled at him, "i'm fine nongnong." he said, waving linong's concerns away. linong smiled again, hand reaching for yanchen's. "tell me if you have any problems, okay?" linong gently squeezed his hand and they walked towards the cafeteria together. yanchen squeezed back, "of course."

---

justin observed the trio from a distance, eyes taking in all detail in how they act together. he knew that he stood no chance, but did it really hurt to try?

-----------

these chapters are getting shorter and shorter..

i'm sorry x_x

i hope you enjoyed it anyway~

lyxx