002 >< strength

;no one's pov; 

"alright boys, today we will be playing punch king." their apparent mc, zhangjing, told them with a smile. "the one with the highest score gets to sit on the throne until someone defeats said score. the strongest one will win an award at the end." yanjun, the other mc of the day explained. linong smiled and cracked his knuckles, though he wanted to wait for a challenge. his gesture didn't go unnoticed by his two "secret" admirers though. "you want to have a go nongnong?" yanchen asked before xukun could and the latter glared at him. linong blushed. "yeah.. though i want to wait until there's a challenge.." he said bashfully, rubbing the back of his neck. xukun grinned. "bet you will win in the end." linong blushed a deep red and hid his face in yanchen's neck. xukun glared at yanchen for the second time in the past 5 minutes. 

"you okay there nongnong?" yanchen asked and raised his hand to play with linong's soft, black locks.  he ignored the scoff xukun let out and focused on the ice cream like boy beside him. linong nodded, face still as red as a strawberry. yanchen hummed and turned to look at the game. xukun was going to give it a try. "nongnong, xukun's gonna try."

455.

nongnong chuckled. "he looked like he was gonna get 500 or something.." he mumbled, then bu fan went up. "woah, 490?" after a few trainees went, yanchen stood up, "i'm gonna give it a try." xukun snorted. "good luck. you'll need it." yanchen pushed his glasses up and rolled his shoulders. "go yanchen ge!" linong cheered. xukun shook his head, "go on smiley boy, let's see what you've got." yanchen just looked back and poked his tongue out. he then charged at the machine.

"woah! 475! not bad gege!" linong said in shock, xukun just got red in embarrassment. 'he got 20 more than me..' xukun thought. when yanchen came back, he just smiled awkwardly and let linong lean on him again. "aren't you gonna go and try it now nongnong? bu fan got 490 and i really doubt anyone will beat him." yanchen said and twisted a lock of linong's hair around his finger. "except you, maybe." yanchen said, trying to subtly make linong go already. 

"who wants to go next?" zhangjing asked, holding the card over his mouth and looking over the trainees. linong sat up and raised his hand. "i want to try." he said and stood up. yanchen and xukun clapped for him. of course he had to be a show off and do push-ups with 2 fingers. "woah, he's strong." xukun said to himself, yanchen hummed in agreement. "jiayou linong! fighting!" yanchen cheered. linong looked back and grinned, cracking his knuckles. the naturally cute boy didn't even put the gloves on when he went to punch it. 

"490 as well!" zhangjing said in disbelief. bu fan stood up. "again. i wanna go again." yanjun handed him the gloves. "495!" zhangjing looked ready to run away. linong just raised his hand again. "you wanna go again?" linong nodded and put on the gloves, then took a running start towards the machine. as he looked at the results, he just laughed and sat in a squat. "just share the seat." zhangjing said laughing. bu fan and linong made their way up the seat, taking half-half. 

---

when the twins knocked down justin, bu fan and linong from the seat, the latter went directly to yanchen to cuddle into the older's side. xukun sat beside them and smiled bitterly. 'why him out of all people in this room?' he thought and picked at his nails. yanchen glanced at xukun and rolled his eyes, 'why do i care about him?' yanchen thought as he played with linong's hair yet again.

_____

so much jealousy, might as well rename this story from "wo ai ni" to "jealous boys" tbh.

don't be worried, this chapter focused more on yanchen's now-close relationship with linong. next chapter will be xukun's. 

ly xx