Chapter 24

After Ethan left, you looked around for Mark. You went into his recording room to see if he was in there. Nope.
You were about to leave when you noticed something strange on the screen.

Microsoft word was open, and there was a something very weird typed out on it. The document was titled "FIRST LETTER". It looked almost like a poem.
It read:

Dan and phil
Are very very
Rad and cool but
Kangaroos are pretty cool too

I'm not gonna lie
So I'm just telling you

Birds in general
Are actually just
Captured
Kangaroos

Your eyes scanned over the strange document. You tried to make sense of it, but you had no clue what it meant.

Suddenly, Mark walked in the room. Your eyes darted off the screen.

"Hey, I'm gonna record something soon." Mark says casually. He goes to set up the camera.

You wanted to ask where he was at, but you had other things on your mind.

"Mark, What is this weird poem thing you wrote?" You ask.

"What?" He tilts his head, confused.

"Look, on the monitor!" You point to the screen.

You watch his face contort into a frown, as he looks at the screen.

"There's nothing there." He says.

"Huh?" You turn around and look at the monitor, and its just his screensaver. The Document was gone.

"But- But it was just here!" You retort, slightly annoyed.

"Okay. . Well I never wrote a poem, or anything for that matter."

"But it was here just a few seconds ago! It said something about.. about Dan and Phil and.. Kangaroos-"

Mark raised his eyebrow. "Did someone spike your coffee this morning? You're talking nonsense."

"I'm not!" You snapped back.

"Whatever that was, I'm sure we can figure it out later. I've gotta record now." Mark laughed slightly. "Go, Go." He said, gently pushing you towards the door.

"Wait." You stopped. "I have another question. Where were you before you came in here? You just. . Dissapeared after breakfast."

"Oh, that doesn't matter." Mark laughed nervously, and scratched the back of his neck. "Bye bye!" He said as he pushed you out of the room and shut the door.

You slumped to your knees and sat down in front of his door, thinking.

Something was definitely up. Mark was not acting normal. Your mind rushed back to Pax. The strange tweets. Was that a hacker? Does that have any coorelation to the strange document you found? How did it dissapear? What did it mean? Was any of this linked to Mark's behavior? His dissapearing all the time? His nervousness? Is he hiding something?

Your mind swarmed with questions that you couldn't answer.

It seemed to you like Mark was hiding something.
The thought made you angry. Why would he hide something from you? Part of you just wanted to barge into his recording room and demand answers, but you knew that by now he was probably recording and you weren't going to ruin it.

Your brain hurt from all the thinking, and it gave you a headache. You decided it was best to just drop it for now.

You went into your bedroom and lied down on your bed. You put your head on your fluffy pillow. Your head was spinning.

You squeezed your eyes shut and tried not to think of the strange things.

Eventually, the thoughts faded away. You began to think of other things. You opened your eyes, only to hear Mark scream.

You jumped up in panic, rushing to his room. You cupped your ear against the door, and listened.

"That's enough VR horror for me today." You hear Mark's voice through the door.

You breathed a sigh of relief. You thought he was hurt. Turns out, it was just another horror game. You heard his muffled voice saying his outro, followed by "Buh Bye!"

You started to walk away from the door, when you heard a crash.

"Mark?" You knocked on the door. "Are you okay?"

No response.

You opened the door slowly, peeking your head in. You saw Mark sitting in the corner of the room, with his hand on his head.

"Mark? Are you okay?" You rushed over to him.

He looked up at you and smiled. "I'm great!" He said. You saw that the smile didn't reach his eyes.

"What happened?" You questioned.

"I.. um.. I Tripped." He stuttered.

"What really happened?" You said, not convinced. "Mark, what's going on?"

Marks smile faded. He looked scared and upset. "I can't tell you. I have to protect you."

"Mark, Please!" You pleaded.

He sighed sadly. He looked up at you and his eyes met yours. His eyes were filled with fear. "(Y/n).." He started.

"Darkiplier is real."

A/n PLOT TWIST OF THE CENTURY
Lol

I want to know if any of you suspected Dark. Also, have any of you deciphered the secret little puzzle things i've hidden in the book? Like the Document, or the tweets? Go back and look at the PAX chapter and see if you can figure out what the mysterious tweets said. For the document one, I'll give you a hint. Look at the title, then apply it to the poem.

This is starting to get really fun! :D

Tune in next time to find out the cause of Mark's disappearances..