Chapter Two

The strong wind is making the fast wind even faster. I go down under, I'm not prepared for it, I take a big gulp of water. When I arise, I cough it all back up. I see a large rock ahead, and it looks like I'm going to make direct impact with it.
My arm takes the hit, I think I heard a crack. I'm not sure if that was the thunder, or my arm breaking.
I let my body get pulled to and fro by the water. This is the end. I'm not afraid, I'm actually kind of happy. This is what I've wanted all along, right?
There's a flash of light above me. Everything happens in slow motion. First, I hear the loud thunder. Then comes the bright flash of lighting.
When it makes contact with my skin, it burns so bad. It feels like my skin is coming off. I don't have to deal with it too long though, because I lose consciousness.
I wake up and see white, am I in heaven? Nah, I doubt it. I'm too bad to go to heaven. I blink hard to see, piercing blue eyes look back at me.

"Hey get up! Don't die, C'mon."

I sit up, but Scarlett gently lays me down again.

"Stay here I'll go find someone!"

I close my eyes and drift into sleep.
I wake up in a hospital bed feeling like crap. My arm hurts like hell. Wait a minute, how did I survive getting struck by lightning! I look myself over. I don't have any burns or signs that I had been struck by lightning.
A door opens and a doctor comes in.
"Hello there Samantha, how are you feeling?"
"Alright, I guess."
     What am I supposed to say? 'You know, I'm doing real good. Fell into a freezing river, smashes into a rock, and you know got struck by lightning.' Like hello, obviously not good.
"We called your parents, they should be getting here soon. We'll talk about your condition once they're here."
     He walks out. I look at my arm, it has a blue cast on it. I stand up, it's hard to though, my legs feel weak. I have bruises all over my body. Not sure which ones are from what. I look at my face in the mirror. I stare deep into my stormy grey eyes. I have huge dark bags under them.
     I hear people approaching, so I quickly get in bed. I hide my arms in the cover so they can't see the cuts. I don't want them to know that I've been cutting again. I don't want to go to counseling again, that was horrible.
My mom comes in and gives me a big hug. I don't see my dad anywhere. I'm sure my mom sees that I'm wondering because she mouths 'work' to me. What did I expect.
     The next half hour is spent by my mom asking the doctor a bunch of questions and him assuring her that I'll be fine.
"I'm just surprised that nothing too serious, besides for her arm, happened."
     And the lightning. Do they not know that I literally got struck by lightning? I'm not going say anything though, they might lock me up in a lab or something.
I get up and start leaving. The doctor had one more thing to say though, "that's a strange birthmark on your back by the way."
My mom turns around and asks what I'm thinking, "what birthmark?"
She grabs me and lifts up my shirt. The cool air gives me the shivers, goosebumps form all over my body. She touches my back.

"Doctor, she's never had this mark before."

"Strange, it looks like has been there since she was born. It's not a scar or anything."
I look for a mirror, then I spot one in the corner. I turn around and move my gown to the side so I can see my back. There is a perfectly shaped lightning bolt taking up half of my back. I gasp.

     "What the hell," I mutter under my breath.

"You can go ahead, I'm going to talk with the doctor for a little"

     I shrug and walk out. They're in there talking for awhile. I want to pull out my phone and listen to music, but my phone is in my backpack, which is probably in the bottom the river by now.
My mom wraps up whatever she was doing and we go home. I go straight into my room and lock myself in. I just kind of lay on my bed and stare at the ceiling. I'm not sure when, but I fall asleep.
I wake up and it's one A.M. I try falling asleep again, but I can't. I reach over to get sleeping pills, but they're not there. Shoot! If forgot that they're in my backpack. I decide to just stare at the ceiling until I either fall asleep or have to go to school.
I have to go to Hell again. I could try to get out of going, but there's no point.
I get on my bus, get shoved around, and arrive at school. I'm completely screwed, I don't have any of my books or homework. The teachers are going to be pissed.
"Hey, you!" Someone shouts.
I turn around to see those piercing blue eyes. She's making her way over to me, everyone parting like she's Moses. I patiently wait to see what she wants. In her hand is my backpack, how did she get it?
"Come with me, we gotta talk"
She reaches for my hand, but grabs the one with the cast. She looks down and grabs my other hand.
We get to a bathroom, there are a couple girls in there as well. Her presence is enough to tell them to scram.
"Can I get my stuff back?" I say reaching out my hand.
She grabs my hand and pulls up my sleeve, exposing all of my cuts. Her hand grazes over them. I pull my hand back and hide it behind my back.
"What the fuck is your problem? Give me my shit already!" I shout.
"Explain all of this stuff first"
She turns my backpack upside down. Everything comes falling out. My junk includes books, pencils, and other stuff expected for a high school student. Other things that shouldn't be there fall out too though.
A set of blades clatter on the floor. Multiple bottles of pills clatter and roll out onto the floor. She just emptied out all of my stuff onto the floor, exposing it to anyone who comes in.
I try to stay cool, calm, and collected. I can't show her how how much this affects me. I take my backpack from her hand and start picking up my stuff. I pick up the bottles of pills. Some of the labels read 'antidepressant' and 'sleeping pills'.
I reach for the blades but she steps on them before I can grab them.
"I appreciate you trying to be concerned or whatever the fuck you're doing, but I need you to not stick your nose in where it shouldn't be. You really don't need to worry about me, I'm fine."
She lets out a roar of laughter. She points at my arms. "All those cuts on your arms, jumping into a freezing river? Yeah, that's because your fine right."
I walk out, I can't deal with this. If she's trying to help me, it's too late. I'm too broken to be put back together.
I'm walking mindlessly, and bump into Leslie. I try to keep walking, but she cuts me off.
"Looks like you're in a bad mood, why don't we talk about it?"
She grabs me and leads me to an empty hallway. She shoves me to the ground and kicks me in the stomach. She kicks me over and over again.
There's a loud bang and Leslie screams.
"Leave her the fuck alone" someone growls.