⇍ Mike Wheeler

requested by --Eloquence (I changed some of your ~precise~ details, but kept most of it! Hope you like it!)

"Wait, you lost the creepy lizard from the alternate universe?" You placed your hand on your forehead as you reprimanded Dustin. 

"His name is Dart. But yes, he may have escaped, just now, while you were out." 

You rolled your eyes at him, but laughed, "Great, I guess we have to go find it-- Dart." 

The boys looked to you and smiled, before pushing past you and scattering about the school. You followed them out, then walked to Mike. 

"Wanna check the gym?" He asked you, without looking at you. You nodded and took the hallway that led to the gymnasium. 

The gym was bare and empty. You could almost hear your breath echo. Mike's complete silence didn't help. 

Mike instantly started searching. He looked under bleachers, behind doors, and under mats. Instead of helping, you watched Mike. 

You were the newest addition to the group, and you weren't sure Mike approved of you. You desperately wished he would stop pushing you away. He is a kind, sweet, adorable boy, and you only wanted him to like you. No one else's opinion mattered, only Mike's. 

"Are you going to help?" Mike met your gaze. You blushed lightly, and smirked. 

"Why do you push me away?" You had to know, and you happened to be alone with him. This was the perfect time to ask him.

"Y/N--" He took simple steps toward you, "You are a good friend. I'm sorry if it seems like I don't like you, you just remind me of someone I lost."

"Eleven?" Will had told you the tale ot the girl with powers, the girl with a branding tattoo on her arm, the girl who Mike loved.

Mike nodded his content expression fading. You closed the space between you and him, pulling him into a hug.

"I'm sure she was an amazing girl, Mike. I know how much you loved her."

"She was the best." Mike nuzzled his head into your shoulder, his hands enclosed around your waist.

You eventually pulled away from the best moment you've had since arriving to Hawkins. It was amazing for you, but it was only comforting for Mike.

He grazed his hand down your arm as you pulled away. He grabbed your hand, keeping you close.

"I think I should tell you why you remind me of Eleven, Y/N."

You looked to his eyes, and he gazed back, "Yes, Mike?"

"You remind me of Eleven because of the way you make me feel. I loved Eleven-- and I love you."

You helf onto his hand tighter, surprised at what he was saying, "What are you saying, Mike?"

He grinned and acted instead of speaking. He kissed you. And you kissed back.

Everything was perfect, your dream boy loved you back.

"Dart is no where to be found, --- lovers." Lucas appeared in the doorway of the gym.

"That lizard is the least of my worries." You said aloud, your focus still on Mike.

He kissed your forehead, and your doubts were washed away.