↰ Mike Wheeler

~ requested by @renduu ~

You could taste the blood that was rushing down your face. The punches continued to land, and the pain increased with each blow. You wanted to fight back, because you knew you would be able to, but there was too many of them. It was four-against-one.

You didn't exactly know why they hated you so much, or why they needed to physically harm you. You know you didn't do anything to these four kids, since you didn't even know who they were. 

You were helpless, and totally vurnable. You laid on the patchy grass in total defeat, as there was nothing you could do. You cried, and you wondered, completely genuinely, if this would kill you. 

"Hey! Stop!" You heard a voice faintly through the pounding of your racing heartbeat. 

There was a pause of silence, a pause of relief. The harming impacts subsided, then none were left. 

Four sharp inhales were heard, then comments of 'Oh, shit!' and 'We're screwed if we get caught!' were said. Pitter-patter, frantic footsteps ran away from you.

You felt an immediate presence by your side. Cold hands supported your back and head. You were unable to speak or see clearly, since your face was swollen, busted-up, and filled of pain.

"Are you okay?" The voice seemed nervous, terrifed even.

You wanted to say that you were just fine, what was the good in having someone else worry about you? But, between the physical inability to speak and your intense waves of emotions, only ugly sobs fell out of your vocal chords. Your bleeding, bruised eyes filled with tears, and you curled up into the person who made it their job to save you. 

"You have to try to stand, Y/N." He said cautiously, with his mouth against the top of your head. You felt the vibrations of his words, then made an attempt to follow his instructions. 

You pushed against the dirty grass, and pulled yourself up to your feet slowly. Helping hands grasped your waist and hand, guiding you.

You opened your eyes, your swollen eyelids erupting pain through to your temples. You saw him, a blurry figure, yet recognizable.

Mike Wheeler was your savior today, and you hoped he always would be. 

"Mike--" You strained to speak, but it deemed necessary, "Thank you."

"I'd do anything for you, Y/N. Always remember that." 

You leaned upward, a weak smile on your lips. You put your hand on Mike's cheek. You planted a weak, but loving, kiss on the boy's face. 

"You're my savior, Mike Wheeler, and I owe my life to you." 

wc: 426