↺ Dustin Henderson

-- requested by @renduu ---

You walked through the large glass doors of Hawkins Middle School, into the crowded hallway. 

The clicking of your heeled shoes sounded, and many people turned around to face you. 

People waved and smiled, some cringed and rolled their eyes, others tensed up and blushed. You shrugged it all off, because you were acostumed to it. You were the center-of-attention, 'It girl' of the school. Maybe you were even considered the most popular student.

You smiled, flipped your hair and pushed through the swarm of students. This was your daily routine to find your friends. 

You watched your feet as you walked, since you were scared you would lose your balence in your shoes. 

And you fell anyway. 

Just as you stuck your arms out to catch your fall, you felt someone's strong arms grab you. 

"Thank you--" You looked up to see the person, and instantly had to bite back the urge to roll your eyes, "Thanks, Troy."

"Anytime, Y/N." He said your name longingly, and began to blush, "Can I ask--"

You stood up proudly and walked away before he could finish. Even though he was far behind you, you could still feel his burning stare into your back. 

Troy Harrington, the class bully, was head over heels for you. He has been ever since you arrived to Hawkins. Too bad you already had your eyes on someone else... 

"Dustin!" There he was. 

"Hey, Y/N." Dustin punched Lucas in the arm, causing him to turn his attention away from his girlfriend, Max, to you.

Lucas waved with his free hand, as the other was wrapped around Max's waist. 

You smiled and stepped closer to Dustin. You linked your arm with his, and the two of you wizzed off to your first class. 

Later in the day, as lunch drew nearer, you became anxious to leave. The bell rang and you were the first one out of the room. Everyone let you ahead, as if you were a Queen. 

You immediately headed toward Dustins locker, as you always did, when you saw Troy, holding a large sign, rushing toward you. 

You attempted to ignore him, refusing to make eye contact with the boy.

He stomped directly in front of you, and held the sign up with pride. 

"Y/N, will you be my date to the Snowball?" 

You smiled weakly, and whispered in his ear.

That's when you saw Dustin around the corner. He was upset and red-faced. 

You saw Troy's eyes dim, and his posture slump. He walked away, and you ran in the opposite direction. 

You found yourself in the lunchroom. Dustin was wedged between Will and Lucas at your usual table. You walked over, and they all looked up to you. 

"Dustin? Are you okay?" You whispered, and shoved your hands in your pockets nervously. 

Lucas and Will must have decided they did not want drama, so they got up simultaneously and went to the other end of the table. You took a seat beside Dustin, and he looked up to you. 

"Troy? Really?" 

You looked at him, confused. Then you understood what he thought was happening. 

"No, Dustin. Not Troy." You put a reassuring hand on his knee. 

He began to tear up, which definitely surprised you, "But the sign--- You smiled, and whispered-"

You leaned in and kissed him, just to shut him up. He kissed back, and put his hands on your cheeks. 

"I told him that I liked someone else. I rejected him, Dustin."

He smiled back to you, and kissed your nose. 

"Will you go to the Snowball with me?" He held your hand. 

"Yes...and?" You waited for him to ask another question.

"-And make me the happiest boy alive?" 

"Yes...and?

"Be my girlfriend?" 

You gave him another kiss, "There it is! Yes, Dusty, I'm all yours." 

wc: 632