↵ Steve Harrington

You were introverted, he was extremely extroverted. You liked to be alone, he was never seen without a swarm of people around him. You liked to read, he's probably never touched a book outside of school. You are Y/N L/N, he is Steve Harrington.

You always steered clear of him, trying not to look at him. He has never even talked to you, but there you were, falling for him. Hard. It wasn't just his looks, though that was definitely part of it, but you felt that, under that shell of him that everyone sees, he has a gentle, loving personality. At least that's what you hoped.

He, too, had fallen for his opposite. You were very good at staying unnoticed. But somehow, he knew you. He stared at you constantly, not even attempting to be discreet about it either. Not that you noticed these stares.

The bell rang, and you instantly shot out of your seat, picked up your books and hugged them against yourself before leaving the classroom. You walked down the long corridor, pushing and weaving through people, afraid of being tardy to your next class.

"Hey, Y/N. Slow down!" Someone called, and you just figured the shouter was talking about someone else named Y/N. Why would someone need to talk with you?

But your assumption faltered when a hand was placed onto your shoulder. You stoppped abruptly, and turned to face the person.

"Oh!" You jumped slightly when you realized who it was, " Steve...h-how can I help you?" You mumbled, only audible for him to hear.

"I was wondering if-" His voice trailed off for a second, "If you could tutor me? I'm- uh, failing some of my classes."

As he was talking, you glanced at his watch, seeing the time, and panic washed over you momentarily, "Oh- s-ure, Steve. I can do that for you? Anything for you. But- listen, I really have to get to class, don't wanted to be late, right?" 

And with that, you hurried away, emotions swimming throughout your body, showing through the red blush on your cheeks.

---

You walked through the familiar doors of the library, greeting the librarian briefly, and then going to find Steve.

You were nervous, of course, and you didn't know what to expect. Even though Steve is popular and all, he does seem like he gets decent marks, definitely not failing.

He also didn't tell you what subjects you were to tutor him for, which was weird, but you shook it off and just brought every one of your textbooks.

You saw Steve sitting in a corner of the room, his legs on the table in front of him. His hands were behind his head, and his eyes were closed.

You took a deep breath and approached him, dropping your books, startling Steve.

"Holy sh-" He nearly flipped out of his chair, "Oh- Y/N. Hey." He smiled. 

You gave a sweet, but shy, smile back and sat across him.

"So what are we going to talk about first?" You avoided eye contact, pretending to flip through notes.

"You."

"What?" Your hands stopped moving and you looked up to Steve, who was leaning toward you.

"Y/N. I didn't ask you here to tutor me, not really."

"Then- why?" You mumbled, pushing your hair behind your ear.

Steve had moved into the seat beside you, and used his finger to lift up your chin.

And then, his lips pushed against yours. You kissed back almost instantly, and after a few moments Steve pulled away.

"Want to be mine?" He laughed.

You nodded, and rested your forehead against his.

wc: 589