chapter 5 - Ditch this place

I leaped to my feet, shooting forward with the added speed. The speed you get from adrenaline. It was pumping throw my veins thickly, numbing the pain. I was running from the clutches of the people who would use me. Away from the life they would force upon me like a yoke on an ox. Most importantly I was running for the lives they would have me take for their sick evil purposes, just like he did.

I only made it a few feet though when it seemed like I had suddenly ran into a brick wall. As I felt my body impact with another, the dream of escape died inside me. I fell backwards from the collision managing not to fall on my butt again. My arms caught myself behind my body as I tried to scrabble backwards from who ever knocked me down.

It was Kakashi, hands in his pockets with a smug look. "Thought you'd run." My mouth opened in shock, and I looked over my shoulder at the other him. The other him waved at me before suddenly puffing away, leaving nothing.

"What the crap?'' My voice is high pitched with frustration and anger.

He just gave me another closed eyed smile before his hand shot out, gripping my wrist in a vise like grip before he hauled me over towards the hokage.

At first I had tried to back pedal, but my feet just made ruts in the ground, until I just dropped like a sack of potato's, but he just drug me through the grass and dirt until He yanked me up to stand in front of the Hokage.

He studied me while I held his gaze defiantly. He started to open his mouth to speak, but I interrupted him.

"I won't do it.'' I state with venom. He looked at me in confusion. His wise eyes that had appeared so kind at first now seemed corrupt as I imagine all the corpses he would have me make. He had such an ancient and wise face though. With wrinkles and soft eyes as well as a pointy beard on the tip of his chin. All the people I would have to slay. Innocent women and children...

"Do what Willow?" He asked, his face the mask of cluelessness. I laughed darkly, glaring heavily.

"What I know you will want me too. All humans ever want is power. Well I'll tell you, you can torture me, you can starve me, but I will not go and kill people for you. I will not murder innocent people so you can take their homes, their possession, or land. I won't do it." I snap, my voice bitter and cold.

Their was a shocked atmosphere following my out burst. Whether they had thought me too stupid to know their intentions I didn't know, but I kept my head high with ice in my eyes.

Finally the old man broke the quiet.

"Is that what you thought? Is that why you fought so hard and even tried to escape at the cost of your honor and pride?'' He asks quietly but intently. Confused for a moment I falter. Why is he asking this?

Should he just kill me now for not being complacent?

"I don't know where you come from, but that was never my intention. Why would I waste your talents on impractical murder? Not only would I lose the support of other villages and my own ninja, but it goes against everything I teach and stand for.'' He seems to become increasingly aggravated by my words.

"The strong should never harm the weak.'' He almost spat. Not at me, but at the wretched thought of it. My mouth opens in shock.

He wasn't going to make me kill people? What did he want me for then?

"Well what do you want me here for then?" I ask after a moment of silence. He looks me in the eyes, his anger fading. My voice was completely surprised, and I looked at him with big eyes. Never had someone not wanted me to kill someone or bully someone or something else.