chapter 2: A New Beginning Part 1

The iron grip on my hand pitched me forward, the thing tossing me head over heels behind them. Before I can react my back hit the ground, hard. The breath left me, but I sprang up into a defensive crouch easily. My fangs slid out and I bared my teeth at the thing. It was probably a werewolf...

A horrible warning hiss echos from my bared teeth as I squint to find the figure. Wait, Squint?

Sunlight! I shut my eyes from the pounding rays and stumble backwards, waiting for the pain to come and light my skin on fire. I suddenly knew I was going to die. Right here. There was no way I could find the portal of rippling air before I became ashes on the ground. This was it, the werewolves had won their game.

For a second I just stay there, crouched on the ground protecting my face. But there is no pain. I should have been dead by now. Slowly I raise my head. My eyes are streaming tears from the light they haven't seen in decades. I open my eyes and look around in amazement that manages to break onto my face.

I'm not burning to a crisp... That in its self is a miracle.

My eyes pick out the tall trees around me and sparse under growth. Sunlight was streaming throw the trees, directly onto my unprotected skin. It shone on my fair skin slightly, and I felt its warmth heating my chilled body. Suddenly my mind snapped back to what ever had pulled me throw the portal.

I look around and my eyes get fixed onto a male sitting up in a tree. He is looking down on me with only one eye, the other covered by a headband with some sort of swirly symbol on it.

He has silver hair that seems to defy gravity as it stands on end in an anime style hair do. He lower face is covered by a navy blue mask that goes down his neck and is covered by a thick vest of some sort. Its a dark green with pockets on it and straps on his shoulders. He has long sleeves, and long dark navy blue pants on with what appeared to be some kind of holster on his left leg. His hands are empty but bear fingerless navy blue gloves with metal strips on the material.

All in all he was a weird sight.

"Who are you and what village are you from?" His voice was careless sounding, but I knew his eyes were searching me for weapons. Narrowing my eyes I glared at him.

"I don't know what your talking about." I bite off reluctantly. I didn't need a fight right now I needed to get home... The rippling surface wasn't visible any more though.

"It may seem like a smart idea to play dumb, but its not. I will drag you to the Hokage is I have too. Where are you from? The Hidden Rain Village?'' He leaped down from the tree, standing a few yards away. His gaze was cold and mean, making me stiffen.

"I don't know what your talking about!" I snap, standing up in a ready position. I saw his hand begin to reach for a tan bag at his side, and I snapped into combat mode.

With a flash of my fangs I leapt foreward, fist out for a heavy jaw punch. My extra speed carried me there quickly. Just as my fist slammed into a jaw, there was a puff of smoke.

Leaping back in case of some fire or explosion, I crouch in a tree. My eyes widen when I see a log in place of him.

"What the hell?" I mutter, blinking in surprise. What did he do?

Suddenly movement to my right grabbed my attension. There were three deadly looking ninja stars coming at me. I dodged to my left, doing a somersault and landing on my feet on the ground. My head flickered to the right, but I couldn't see him.

My intuition told me to look behind me though. There he was, leaning against a tree. He had his arms crossed and had a lazy manner about him which made me growl lowly.

"I don't no who you are but why don't you just go away before I kill you?'' I suggest in an aggresive tone. The man just pushes off a tree and takes a steps towards me. This was so weird! Most most of my kind bowed to me when they saw me. They were afraid of me. I could kill any human easily. I had fought in the World Wars... I had even dressed as a boy and joined a Viking Ship crew. I knew how to kill, and it came easy for me. But there was something about this man that made part of me fearful.

I was never scared. Not since that day so many centuries ago.

"You can try." The man's tone was incredibly mocking as he adressed me. Finally rage caught me and I flipped on my gift.

My eyes changed and I suddenly ensnared the man with my mind. I saw his eyes go wide before I locked him in a vision of him falling off a clift. He froze, tensing as I let the image roll.

At the moment of impact in the vision, he poofed away, leaving nothing this time. "What?" I barked. Not again!

"No more of that." The voice sounded behind me. A gasp tore out me as I tried to spin around, but then a strangled grunt slipped past my lips when something hit me hard in the back of the head. Slowly my vision blackened before I collasped into darkness.

                                                    *                         *                          *

Okay this was a good placed to stop, even though its short, but enjoy!!! Another chapter is coming up really fast too. The picture is the main character

COMMENT

VOTE

FAN

Btw, I like hearing from people so please comment and tell me if I did something bad or wrong.