Chapter 4: Fight or Flight

As soon as he was gone a few nurses fled the room, leaving only two with me before the door was closed. Immediately one of them took a key out and unlocked my feet, but they seemed to forget the irons on my hands, and I didn't feel like reminding them. I pulled the remaining chain links from the cuffs, leaving the un-polished metal unharmed.

Before I knew what was happening the two of them had grab me by the arms and were dragging me into a connected room. The room was smaller, with one window letting sunshine in.

I flinch when we passed it, half expecting to burst into flames, but nothing happened. The two women stripped me quickly before I could form any type of protest, leaving me naked standing there like a fool. Then they practically shoved me into a steaming tub of water.

The room was some type of bathroom. A in ground tub had been carved from the white and grey marble floor, with steps leading in. It was about three feet deep and five feet wide, my short stature making it seem immense. A large window was on the left wall, but the glass was clouded from he inside.

The steaming water made me gasp when my body touched it, make my face flame red with the heat. The two women started pouring stuff onto my head that smelled like some kind of strange flower.

I suddenly had an image of Mulan when she was getting ready for the match maker, never had I felt more sorry for her.

What ever they poured into to my hair bubbled as one of them worked deep into the roots while the other had a straw brush in hand and a bottle of pink liquid.

I went to protest them bathing me, but when I opened my mouth the black haired women dumped water over my head, drowning me while rinsing my hair. I felt the ruff straw brush scrubbing my foot, getting in between my toes and under my nails.

''Oh, Rinya! She pretty beneath this sweat and dirt!" The one working on my feet and legs exclaimed excitedly. Water flooded over my head again, covering up my own remarks to that.

"I know Martha! Look at what shiny hair! And the color!'' Rinya replied with enthusiasm. "We have so much to work with!'' They both giggled in glee at the prospect of dressing me.

They acted like I had baked them a cake or something, but my eyes widened in horror at the idea. "I think I can dress myself-'' I started to say, but the blond one cut me off.

"That's okay sweetheart. You just relax while we make you gorgeous!" They began to laugh, probably thinking of all the ways to torture me with dresses and curling irons.

More scented soap was dumped on my head, this time conditioner while the water became bubbly as Martha worked at my back and arms. When I was sure they were trying to scrape my skin off, they drug me out. Dripping wet they bundled me into a big fluffy white towel before dragging me from the bathing room, out of the medical room, and then into another room.

This room was larger with a mirror, a chair and instruments of torture known as hair care products and wax for your legs. Gulping I sat in the chair they pushed me in.

The old man was right, my sense of honor stopped me from snapping their necks. A few minutes later my legs and under arms were stripped of hair, my eyelashes curled, teeth brushed, and hair blow dried and straightened to perfection.

I looked good I had to admit. My fair skin shone with cleanliness, my pale blond almost white hair shiny and the dyed red underside bright against the pallor of my hair. My teeth sparkled and I smelled of soft jasmine and some other flower. My green eyes were slightly outlined with black eyeliner, making them bigger than normal. My pale lips even had a pink tinge to them thanks to lip gloss.

The two women were now busy painting my nails. I had tried to ward them off at first but they were stronger than they look. My toes were now a neon red along with my nails to match my hair.