chapter 3: A New Beginning Part 2

A sliver of light penetrated the bleakness around me. My mind seized a hold of it and with it came noise.

"... Odd creature...'' The voices appeared muffled as I struggled to awaken myself.

"Human like features... Extraordinary strength and muscle structure."

As if a camera coming into focus I snapped awake. My first thought was of the fact I didn't hurt anywhere but my head. It pounded where the man had hit me, but my blood was healing faster than a normal humans would have. I could already feel the toxin in my blood being released to ease any pain.

Not for the first time I marveled at my blood and abilities. I hadn't had to heal in a long time either. The last time I was injured was half a decade ago.

"Lord Hokage, we tested the blood sample from her. You won't believe what we found. The genetic code appears to have been strictly human at one point, but it looks as if a disease has altered the genes, giving her amazing strength, speed, and night vision. Not only that but when we inserted a common cold virus into the blood, the cells immediately attacked the virus, killing the virus and producing more cells at the same time."

My eyes were closed as I listened to a enthusiastic sounding young male. There was that word Hokage again... It seemed to me to be some kind of a leader.

I felt the air around me stir as someone walked over and stood over my head. There was a feminine scent there, smelling like excitement and honey suckle.

"I wonder why these teeth are so long. They even have serrated edges sharper than kunai." A finger pushed open my mouth, making me hold in a snarl as I thought of my next move. I wasn't sure yet if I was bound, although it stood to reason I would be. But perhaps they had under estimated my strength.

It was obvious these people knew nothing about me or my swarm. Our race was a mystery to them still. As the girl touched my fangs gingerly I decided my best course of action would be to speak. If I scared them I could end up dead.

Addressing the girl's question I spoke carefully and punctually. "Maybe their to bite fingers who get to close. "

The girl made a squeaking noise, yanking her hand back. I felt the air grow tense and smelled the new anxiety in the air. Flicking my eyes open I blinked, letting my eyes adjust to the over head fluorescent lights.

"Subject is awake." I hurried some one whisper as they wrote on a piece of paper. I swiveled my head towards the noise, seeing a scrawny male dressing in scrubs.He was holding a clipboard, and he shrunk under my icy glare.

Turning my head away I pulled in a deep breath, releasing slowly before trying to sit up. As I had expected my hands were bound, but I tried them any ways.

Arching my back I yanked on my left wrist, hearing a satisfying snap as the chain broke under my strength. There was a horrified gasp as I freed my hand. Holding it up I inspected the wrist iron that still held firm to my wrists.

"Don't move or I'll impale you." A sardonic lazy voice stated calmly. My head turned slowly to my left when I hurried it. Yep, it was the masked culprit who had knocked me out to begin with.

He had a dagger looking knife out and was standing next to an older man wearing white robes. He had grey hair and a beard. He stared at me with disguised emotion. He looked neither fearful nor angry. Simply blank.

As if testing the limits I yanked my right hand upwards. As soon as the chain snapped I saw a flicker of movement, and my hand jumped up to my face. In one second everyone was still, in the next my hand was rapped around the blade of the dagger. Stopping it a centimeter or two from my forehead.