We spent most of our days closed in classrooms, learning new things and preparing ourselves for the exams. Still, nobody ever taught us what to do if anything like this happened. Nobody taught us how we should act, how to stop the fear and think clearly. We didn't learn how to stay calm and strong. They just taught us things that weren't necessary at this moment.

I knew I was being silly. I knew it was my desperation talking, but I just couldn't help it! I didn't know what to do and I wished anyone had taught me. But then again, nobody in their right mind would prepare people for something like this. We all think these things only happen to other people. It's our way to protect ourselves. I used to think like that too, until the day I knew I was wrong...

I diverted my eyes from the wall, finishing eating that awful soup. I looked at the hole in the opposite wall, feeling a weight in my heart. During these past few days, I had never seen Hannah again. I called her many times, but she never answered. I needed someone to talk to, now more than ever. I had never felt so lonely in my entire life.

I also never saw Vince since the day he gave me that photo. He never visited me again and a part of me was very relieved that he didn't. I didn't know if I could trust him, not like I trusted Hannah anyway. And those horrible nightmares didn't help me either. However, his words didn't leave my head and sometimes I found myself looking at my photo.

Because this is our only way to survive.

When did my goal of life stop being: living life at the fullest to just survive? I wanted my life back! I wanted everything to be like it used to, even the little things I didn't give much attention before. Like when my father would kiss my forehead, or when my mother would cook the most wonderful dinner. I even missed the times when my brother would piss me off, or when my sister would turn my room upside down.

I laid on the bed, feeling waves of sadness surrounding me. I had already done everything on my schedule, everything but sleep. I didn't want to, but I knew I needed it. I had to rest, gain forces to wake up again. I closed my eyes and hoped this time I would be able to rest without waking up from my worst nightmares...
...

A light hitting my face made me open my eyes, only to find a little boy carrying a lamp. The boy was very small and had lots of blonde hair falling over his eyes. He also appeared to be between seven or eight years old, but I wasn't sure because he was very small for that age.

I almost gasped when I saw the color of his eyes. It was a very pale blue, almost gray. I had never seen eyes like that before. They were absolutely stunning.

"Hi there, my name is Kelly. What's your name?" I asked him, adjusting my messy hair as I sat.

"Kelly? I thought your name was Jane." He said, furrowing his small eyebrows. His voice was calm, almost like a melody. You could hear the confusing on it though.

"My name is Kelly, not Jane. They call me that, but that's not my real name," he seemed even more confused, so I added. "Here between us, you can call me Kelly, okay?"

He seemed to understand what I said because he nodded, climbing up to my bed. He was now sat beside me and I could hear his calm heartbeat.

"My name is Thomas." He said, looking around my room. "I saw you a few days ago. You were following my mom to your room, right?"

My heart skipped a beat when he said mom, making my breath get caught in my throat. The way his voice sounded so straight and honest made me wondered if Miss Dorothy was really his mother. However, soon enough, I pushed that possibility away. It was impossible. She was far too old.