Chapter Seventy

Season 4: The Five

Stefan pecks the side of Rosalie's head as she examines the stakes with the interesting engravement sketched into it.

"So what is all this?" Stefan asks. Damon walks into the living room with a filled brown box. He glances at them before places it down on the desk.

"Some personal items I snaked from the vampire hunter's RV," Damon smirks. "May he rest in peace" He digs into it. "I'm searching for a supernatural handbook" Rosalie hands Stefan the stake. He thoroughly goes over it.

"You know for a fact he was supernatural?" Rosalie smiles.

"Definitely wasn't natural" Damon grumbles. He pulls out some metal. "The guy magically appears just as someone blows up the entire founders council, covered in a tattoo that only Jeremy Gilbert, of all people in the world, seems to be able to see" Rosalie bites her lip.

"We aren't involving him, right?" Stefan and Damon glance at each other. Damon shrugs.

"Don't know yet" Rosalie frowns. "Klaus mentioned something about him being one of the five? And then he kamikazes himself with explosives, seem natural to you?" Rosalie scrunches her brows together. Stefan frowns worriedly.

"Five?" She murmurs.

"It's what I'm hoping is in the first chapter of the handbook" Rosalie looks up at Stefan. He wipes the worry off his face and smiles down at his girlfriend. He ruffles her hair. She smiles gently. Damon's phone rings. He places the phone in between his shoulder and ear as he continues to dig through the box.

"Liz Forbes, my favorite sheriff" He answers. Rosalie giggles. Damon frowns and holds the phone; his body stiffening. "What?" He almost growls. "That's....concerning" His eyes widen. "Keep me posted" Damon glances at the couple before hanging up. Stefan scoffs.

"So you aren't going to tell me?" Rosalie goes over to Damon to look into the box. He flicks her nose. She squeaks and jumps back, holding her now red nose.

"I can't tell you. It's private. We're in a fight. And Rosalie, what if something exploded? Keep your nose over there" He points to the door. Rosalie frowns.

"You're in a fight, I'm not in a fight. I'm over it. I've been over it" Stefan rolls his eyes. Rosalie walks back over to Stefan.

"Still not mad about me and Elena and Rosalie?" Rosalie blinks.

"You let her feed on you. You made Rosalie keep it from me. I'm always going to be mad at you, but we're not in a fight" Rosalie looks in between him.

"Very well, then" Damon glances at Rosalie. "They didn't find any remains at the explosion site" Rosalie gulps.

"Connor's still here?" She asks. Damn shrugs.

"I don't know where else he'd go with all the vampires prancing around" Damon sighs. "Stefan, I'm going to need you to get on this today. I have to take Elena to college" Stefan widens his eyes.

"I'm sorry, you have to do what, exactly?" Rosalie nods.

"Damon, we need you here" The older Salvatore grins.

"Thanks, Rosalie. I'm teaching her to feed. She needs to learn snatch, eat, erase now more than ever" Rosalie bites her lip. Rosalie suddenly smiles.

"What if I went with, Stefan? I could make sure they wouldn't go ham" Stefan scoffs. Damon smiles.

"We're not in a fight, remember?" Stefan crosses his arms. "Great! Lets go" Damon winks.