Chapter Seven

Season 1: Haunted

"Surprise!" gleefully smiles, throwing her hands in the air, two coffee cups in her hands. Stefan scrunches his brows together and smiles at the petite girl. "I thought I'd be nice and bring you coffee. And I wanna hang out since school wasn't mandatory" Rosalie laughs. Stefan takes one of the cups out of her hands and takes a sip. He picked the right one.

"Thank you, it's great" Stefan takes a deep breath. Of course he wants to hang out with Rosalie, but Vicki's upstairs with Damon and he isn't exactly the best teacher. "Come on in. Wait in the living room, I'll be right back" He says. Stefan runs up the stairs to his bedroom. He only sees Vicki. Rosalie steps inside and stops for a second, admiring his house. It's huge! Rosalie steps forward, but feels lost.

"Um..." She looks up at the stairs.

"Just keep going straight, sweetheart" Rosalie jumps at Damon's voice and looks at him confused. Wasn't he supposed to be in Vermont? She thought she'd never see him again.

"Damon? What are you doing here? I thought you moved to Vermont" Damon glances at Stefan when he comes down the stairs and blinks. That's the excuse he told her? He couldn't come up with something cooler?

"What? My brother didn't tell you? My car broke down half way and I had Stefan come pick me up" He smiles. Stefan glares at Damon and watches his every move; making sure Damon stands a reasonable distance from her. He didn't even want him talking to Rosalie.

Stefan hears one of the steps creak next to him, he immediately turns his attention to Vicki who's standing at the top of the stairs; her eyes wide. Stefan gives Damon a look and Damon simply shrugs. A smirk making its way on his charming face. Stefan rolls his eyes and takes his phone out.

"Uh, Rosalie? Matt just texted me that he needs some help with a banner for the Halloween party?" Rosalie bites her lip. She looks down at the ground and forces a smile. She really wanted to hang out with him today.

"Dang, well, I guess I better get going. I'll see you later, Stefan. Nice seeing you again, Damon" Rosalie walks out the door; heading to her car. Stefan waves goodbye before closing the door.

Stefan turns around and glares at his older brother. Damon raises a eyebrow at him; crossing his arms.

"Vermont, huh?"

***

sneaks under Matt's arm; snatching her green textbook out of his locker. Matt chuckles and steps aside; letting her out of the small trap she got herself into. She smiles cheekily at him.

"Thanks for showing up yesterday. Stefan said that someone texted him that they needed help" Matt smiles. Rosalie scrunches her brows together.

"He said you texted him that you needed help?" Matt stares at her. Rosalie goes to open her mouth when Tyler walks over to the duo.

"Hey man...Hey Rosalie," Tyler eyes stay on Rosalie for a second before he switches them over to his best friend. Rosalie waves and Matt gives her a nod. "I heard they're putting together a search party for Vicki"

"What?" Rosalie whispers. Matt tucks a book into his backpack.

"She just called. She's okay" Matt states.

"Oh, good. That's great. I figured you must have been goin' out of your mind"

"Little bit, yeah" Matt closes his locker and wraps his arm around Rosalie's shoulders. Matt didn't want to talk with Tyler. She looks up at him with doe eyes.