Chapter Sixty

Season 3: 1912

Rosalie jogs up the police station staircase and swings the door open. A couple people glance at her, but continue on. Damon comes around the brown staircase. Rosalie walks up to him.

"Is he okay?" Damon nods.

"He's just fine. Sheriff wants me to stay out of it" Damon frowns. His eyes land on Rosalie. Rosalie notices a glint in his eyes.

"Damon, please don't do anything reckless" Rosalie frowns.

"Seems just good as a plan as any" Damon shrugs. Rosalie blinks and straightens her posture.

"Oh? That's not like you at all" Rosalie raises a brow.

"Well, I guess I could rip out Dr. False Accusations throat or, maybe her tongue" Rosalie frowns.

"That's not funny"

"You know, I could chew it up in little tiny pieces and feed it to the squirrels" He mimics how squirrels eat. Rosalie playfully slaps Damon's left arm. He pauses. "I saved your life last night. You're welcome" Damon pivots forward, Rosalie swerves in front of him.

"I don't even get to say thank you?" Damon blinks. She doesn't know about Bonnie's mom. Damon walks passed her. Rosalie throws her arms up; a scoff leaving her mouth.

***

Rosalie waits outside the hospital. She leans against the back of her car; gripping the sleeves on her shirt nervously. Dr. Meredith Fell pulls up in a dark blue SUV, quickly parking. Meredith hops out of her car and completely ignores Rosalie.

"Hey! Wait!" Meredith picks up the pace. Rosalie easily catches up to her.

"I'm due in surgery. Whatever case you're gonna make against Alaric, make it quick" Rosalie's eyes widen.

"What case do I have to make? He isn't guilty of anything" Rosalie strikes.

"How do you know?" She counterclaims. "Sure, you are close with him. He takes care of you and the Gilbert's, but do you really know anything about him?" Rosalie licks her lips.

"I know lots, actually" Rosalie blinks. Meredith spins on her heels. Rosalie jolts to a stop.

"Let me tell you what I know. He was arrested for fighting four times before the age of twenty-one. When he was at Duke, his future wife, Isobel, filed a restraining order against him, twice. But then she married him, so I guess that says more about her" Rosalie shakes her head.

"Guess you don't know him well enough to have the truth" Rosalie nearly growls. Meredith stiffens. "I mean how could you do this to him? Yes, he has slip ups, but not as bad as yours. You tried to kill him" Meredith shakes her head.

"You date vampires, Rosalie. It shouldn't come as a shock to learn that your friend is a murderer" Rosalie scoffs. Meredith walks away.

"Like you're any better" Rosalie mumbles angrily.

***

Matt clicks the lock to Meredith's apartment building. Rosalie felt a sense of guilt wash over her. She's invading her privacy, but she had to prove what happened.

"I'll add breaking and entering to the list of life favors you owe me" He smiles at her over his shoulder. Rosalie chortles.

"I'll try and remember it" Rosalie sees tons of papers on the table. "Okay, look, I don't know how much longer she's gonna be in surgery, so let's see what we can find" Matt moves to the kitchen.