Chapter Five

Season 1: You're Undead to Me

"How was the founder's party? I would've gone, but I wasn't interested" laughs and closes her locker. Matt grins.

"It was fine. Tyler apologized. I think your big scream-off got him to realize some things. Damon also apologized. I danced with Stefan and Damon which, first off they are great dancers and it's unbelievable that someone in this time would be able to dance like that" Rosalie smiles.

"Wow, I must've missed out," Rosalie nods. "Elena texted me this morning. Guess who was in Jeremy's bed?" Matt chuckles. Rosalie's eyes widen and her mouth opens.

"No way! They didn't"

"Vicki was brushing her teeth and Elena walked in. She said she played it off but I bet her face gave it away" Rosalie grins ear to ear.

Her best friend finally got the girl he wanted. Rosalie wonders how Tyler will feel about it. I mean with the whole stunt yesterday at Jeremy's, he sounded like he was beginning to have genuine feelings for Vicki.

Stefan walks up behind Matt and smiles at her. "Hey Stefan" She smiles back. Matt glances over his shoulder and looks back at Rosalie.

"I'll let you two be" Matt walks over to some of his football friends. Rosalie bites down on her bottom lip embarrassed at how obvious he was. Rosalie gazes up at Stefan, who seemed upset.

"Hey, how did things go with Damon last night?" Stefan nods.

"He left town after my Uncle kicked him out. He has a place in Vermont so he'll be fine" Rosalie licks her lips.

"No trouble at all?" Stefan smiles. "Good. If this is what's best then so be it" Stefan appreciated that she wasn't pushy.

"Everything is fine. So, I hear Caroline's holding a car washing fundraiser? Are you up for it?" Rosalie grins.

"Wow, Stefan Salvatore wanting to participate in something scandalous? I wouldn't miss it for the world" Stefan smiles down at her and shakes his head. Caroline spots the two laughing together and stomps over to them, ignoring Rosalie. Caroline flips her hair and crosses her arms. Stefan internally gags at overpowering floral perfume.

"Stefan, where's Damon? He has some serious apologizing to do" Stefan and Rosalie share a look.

"He's gone, Caroline. Damon left town last night" Stefan explains slowly. Caroline frowns.

"Well, is he coming back?"

"He's not coming back," The way Stefan said it made Rosalie shiver. He made it sound like he murdered Damon. "I'm sorry, Caroline. If you'll excuse us" Stefan wraps his arm around Rosalie shoulders and the two leave Caroline at Rosalie's locker.

"Vermont huh?" Rosalie's whispers under her breath. Stefan caught it but didn't make a comment.

***

"How the hell do you keep beating me!" Matt throws his hands up in frustration. He puts on a goofy smile as Rosalie knocks in the eight ball.

"Yes!" She cheers. She rounds the table over to Matt who sticks his pool stick into the holder in defeat. "You owe me some fries and lemonade now" Rosalie smirks. Matt rolls his blue eyes and heads over to the bar to order.

Rosalie places her stick next to Matt's and runs to the bathroom. In there is Elena. Rosalie makes eye contact with her through the mirror. Elena hasn't spoken to Rosalie since she practically called her a desperate boy-hopper. Rosalie frowns and leaves the bathroom, Elena following her.