28

Woozi's POV
For the past few weeks, Aelia has been going nuts. First, we had that concert so we had been practicing for hours and when she was not practicing, she was planning for Jun's birthday surprise. She continuously ran around everywhere at every second of the day. I'm surprised she got to sleep.
All the boys, including me, are in on it. The only one who doesn't know is Jun himself. Surprisingly, none of the others have accidentally opened their mouths about it yet. Honestly, if they had told him, Aelia would've killed them. Other than that, I truly love that Aelia is doing something nice for our friend, but... it's just her plan for me. Since I'm the only one she trusts to not let out that it's a secret party, she's having me distract him during the day so she and the boys can set up the party at her apartment. Don't get me wrong. Jun is a nice person and all but the fact that he's still bitter about this bet makes me uncomfortable being alone around him.
"Do I have to?~" I pout, looking at Aelia with puppy eyes.
"Yes, Jihoon. It's only for a little bit, don't worry. You know you're the only one who can pull this off without a slip of the tongue." She gives me a look as she adjusts her glasses.
"Why can't the boys just keep their mouths shut?" I groan, "Soonyoung or Minghao could've done it." I bury my face in my textbook.
"Well, that'd be an alternate universe now, wouldn't it?" She smirks as she taps her pencil to her cheek.
"A universe I wanna live in."
"Hello! I'm here!" Mingyu pops into my room.
"Who let you in?" I raise an eyebrow.
"Seungcheol."
"Seungcheol left to Vernon's house. They're working on an assignment for music theory at his place." Aelia raises an eyebrow.
"Oh, he told me just to walk in."
"So you knew he wasn't here?" I deadpan, tsking.
"Of course! I just wanted to bother the two of you!" He smiles.
"You're annoying." Aelia groans.
"I'm glad I amuse you!" He tackles her to the floor.
"Get off of me, you giant!"
"No~"
"You're heavy!"
"RUDE!"
"It's your legs. All your weight is from being too tall. You should give me some of that." Aelia pushes him off her.
"Well, you are short."
"Well, you are annoying."
"Wait, did you seriously just come to annoy her?" I ask.
"Yes. Wait, no. I came to ask what time we're meeting and where. Everybody was asking me and Minghao earlier but we didn't know so I came to ask."
"Why didn't you just text me then?" She looks at him funny.
"Because I wanted to see you, duh."
"You're all meeting right after school at her apartment." I smirk, "Don't be late. We don't want an angry party planner, do we?"
"N-no..." he looks at her with fear.
"Then make sure you bring me some coffee or something." She points at him.
"Ugh. Fine."
"This is why I kept you." She pats his leg.
"I feel offended!"
We both laugh as he groans.

~

"Alright. I'll see you in a few hours. Either the boys or I will text you to head over." Aelia informs me.
I start to open my mouth to say something when she gives me a look.
"No."
"Ugh fine. You're lucky I like you." I give her a look.
She pecks my lips before smiling at me and running off.
"Bye!"
I blink at her in surprise. She must be really unfocused because she kissed me at school.
"Whoa, did Aelia just kiss you at school?" Seungcheol walks to my side.
"Yeah..." I shake my head then look at him, "You need to hurry and catch up with her. She's gonna kill you if you're late, Cheol." I raise an eyebrow at him.
"She's walking. I'm driving. I'll get there in time." He shrugs.
"No, I think she's running."
"She's what?! Oh geez! Bye!" He rushes to his car.
I take a deep breath before walking down the halls, looking for Jun. About five minutes later, I find him with his head hanging low. I pretend I don't see him and walk past him slowly, shouldering my backpack as I pass him.
"Oh! Jihoon!"
Turning to look at him, I blink at him in surprise, my acting terrible but efficient. My eyes land on the bouquet flowers in his hands and I raise an eyebrow.
"Um..."
"Oh these? They're from Li Mai." He sighs depressingly.
"Li Mai?" I try hard not to laugh.
"Yeah... She gave them to me in the morning so I've been carrying them around all day." He gags a bit, "I was going to throw them away but I felt bad. Plus they're pretty." He shrugs.
"You should've thrown them away if they're from her." I point out.
"No, I think I'm gonna give it to Aelia." He examines them, "She might like them."
I purse my lips then shake my head.
"If she finds out that they're actually to you from Li Mai, she'll burn them."
"Hehe~ Yeah, I'll just throw them away and get her new flowers." He laughs nervously then tosses them into the trash.
I snicker, looking into the trash can.
"Jihoon?"
I hum in response as I try to read the card: