27

Aelia's POV
"Ugh. You're such a pain." I groan as I bury my face in my hands.
"Well, what am I supposed to do?! I've been trying my best to understand your smartness, but I don't understand at all!" Seungcheol raises his arms in the air.
"It's music theory, Seungcheol... Music theory. We've been learning this for the past two and a half years!" I stare at him with a done expression.
"I know! But I don't know what it means!" He pouts.
"How come you got picked to be Aelia's partner? That's unfair. I got that guy named Lee Taeyong." Hansol sighs.
"Wait... Taeyong is in our class?" I raise an eyebrow.
"Nice to know how observant you are." Jihoon chuckles as he props his chin in the palms of his hands.
"Be quiet." I give him a look.
"Who'd you get as a partner, Jihoon?" Seungcheol asks.
"Mmm... I forgot. I think his name is Yoongi? Something like that." He shrugs.
"Oh, I know him! I tapped on him once thinking it was you and he got mad. I apologized and went to find you." Hansol laughs nervously, "You have similar hair styles and body shapes. I got confused."
"Aww, how cute." Aelia laughs.
"Not funny." Hansol blushes.
"Oh, Aelia. I finished the lyrics you asked me to write." Seungcheol goes into his backpack and pulls out a notebook.
I watch him flip through the pages until he finds the right place. I hold my index finger in the place and look at the first page of the notebook, becoming nosy.
"Is this... a song book? Like your songs?" I ask.
"Kinda. Most are just words that came to my head that sounded nice together. But that's not important. The song I wrote for our project is where I turned to."
"Cheol, do you mind if I look at some later?" Jihoon asks.
"Do you mean... to help?" He blinks in surprise.
"Something like that." Jihoon shrugs.
"Okay. Thanks." He bows, smiling wide.
"Let's get back to the assignment." I hit his arm to get his attention.

~

"Aelia?~" Chan comes up to me with a big smile on his face.
"Yes?" I look up at him from my book.
"What're you doing after school today?"
"Mm... I think I was just going to practice for an upcoming concert. Why? Is there something wrong, ChanChan?"
"No! The dance team and I wanted you to come watch us for a little bit. Honestly, the boys there all think you're cute and want to impress you. Soonyoung agreed to ask you to come to motivate them because the competition next week is tough and we need all the motivation we can get." He whispers the last part.
I laugh and close my book.
"Okay. I'll come over for a little bit. But only if they agree to let me practice my violin in front of them for at least half an hour."
"Okay! I'll ask them! Thanks, Aelia!" Chan hugs me before running over to Soonyoung, Minghao, and Jun.
Going back at my book, not even five minutes pass before someone calls me again.
"Aelia! Aelia! Aelia!" Seungkwan comes running over to the tree I'm sitting under.
"Yes, Kwanie?" I don't even look up from the book.
"I'm great at games, right? I can beat people easily?"
"Depends on who's playing with you."
"Ugh! Lia!" He pouts, shaking his shoulders side to side.
Switching my attention to the people in front of me, i'm surprised to see Wonwoo and Jeonghan with him, staring at me intensely. I raise an eyebrow at this. What the-? Why're these two with him?
"Um..."
"Seungkwan is bad at games, right? Please just agree!" Wonwoo clasps his hands together.
"Why're you so set on proving him wrong?"
"Because Seungkwan said he can beat me at any game." Jeonghan says.
"That's false." I stop myself and stare at Jeonghan, "No... I feel like you're bad at bowling."
"What the- where did that come from?" Wonwoo looks at me weird.
"I don't know. He just seems like the type to be bad at bowling." I shrug.
Wonwoo suddenly gasps, making me and the other two jump at his sudden outburst.
"Oh my god! Is that the new series?!" Wonwoo points to my book in excitement.
"Yes! It's so good! The girl in the story is my favorite. She's so mean to the main guy that she likes later because he hurt her on accident. But it's pretty hilarious."
"Can you lend it to me after?" He asks.
"Of course. I-"
This time, Seungkwan gasps and I look at him annoyed that he interrupted me.
"I just got an idea! GUYS COME OVER HERE!" Seungkwan calls to the others.
The boys look over and walk over to where we're at.
"Why're we all over here when you four could've came to us?" Mingyu asks.
"Stop being a lazy butt, Mingyu." Minghao rolls his eyes.
"Guys! Let's all hang out again!" Seungkwan claps excitedly.
"Aren't we hanging out right now? And every day at lunch?" Joshua raises an eyebrow.
"Jisoo! That's not what I mean!" He pouts.
"Well, then what do you mean?" Seokmin asks.
"Like how we went to the beach or when we did paintball!"
"Oh, yes! We should!" Soonyoung gets excited.
"Where should we go?" Seungcheol asks.
"Hey, guys. Sorry, I was talking to my piano instructor. What're you guys talking about?" Jihoon walks up to our group, some papers in his hands.
"We're discussing where to go to hang out." Hansol says.
"How about we go to an amusement park?" Jeonghan asks.
"I like that idea. I vote for it." Mingyu says.
"Anybody disagree?" Joshua asks.
Everybody shakes their heads.
"Alright! Then this weekend we'll meet at noon at Vernon's house!" Seungkwan declares.
"Why is it always my house?!" Vernon groans.
Wonwoo pats his shoulders, comfortingly while he pouts like a child. The bell rings for the next class and we rush to pick up our trash and school bags. I stand up and walk next to Jihoon. He's looking at the papers I saw him with earlier, concentrating on whatever is written on them.
"What's that?" I ask him.
"Hmm? Oh... sorry. My piano teacher asked if I can perform at the same concert as you. I only said it was okay because you'll be there. I also asked him if we can do a duet." He looks back at the papers, trying to find something.
He squints his eyes, seeing if it's the right one then nods, handing it over to me. I scan the notes on the paper before reading the title.
"'Hit Song'? Did you make this one?" I look back at him.
"Yeah. He said we can do it together. I have lyrics for it too but I don't want to sing with it."
"You should. You're good at singing. Not just good, you're amazing. I can listen to your voice with your piano playing all day if I could." I smile.
"I love that you're my biggest fan." He smiles at me, his face turning a little red.
"Forever and always." I giggle before entering our class.