10

Aelia's POV
It's that time of the year again. The leaves fall to the ground. The air gets cold, making frost cover the windows. Seoul is really beautiful in the fall. It's my second favorite time of the year (my first is the summer because no school to stress about).
Fall time also means time for the contests and competitions and other school activities like that. A lot of the students signed up for things. I mean it is a performing arts school. Thankfully, it's not a grade but you do get extra credit. Unless you're on the dance team or class or something like that, it's supposed to be on your own wanting.
"Don't you just love the fresh autumn air?" Seokmin smiles as he breathes in the fresh, crisp air.
"Love it." I make the okay sign with my hand.
"Did you sign up for anything, saengseon?" Soonyoung asks me.
"Saengseon?" Jihoon looks at him in confusion.
"He calls me that cause it's my favorite animal." I roll my eyes, "No, I didn't sign up for anything."
"Why not? You're talented. You'd probably win everything." Seungkwan says.
"I'd rather not." I shake my head as I take a bite of my turkey lettuce wrap.
"I signed up for the dance contest at the school." Chan smiles proudly.
"Really? I can't wait to see you dance, ChanChan!" I smile.
"I'll make you proud, Aelia." He says with absolute confidence.
"Where's Wonwoo?" Mingyu asks, looking around the group.
"And Jeonghan?" Minghao mentions.
"Jeonghan is busy with his student council stuff and Wonwoo is off campus getting me some boba." I state, taking another bite.
"What the? What if i wanted some too?!" Seungkwan pouts.
"Have some of mine, I don't care."
"Okay! You're the best!" He hugs me tight and I groan in pain.
"Too tight, Boo, too tight!" I squeak.
"Hehe~ sorry~" he lets go of me.
"Aelia! Choi Aelia!" I hear someone yell from across the grass.
We all turn towards the voice to see Jeonghan running towards us, looking out of breath. I raise an eyebrow when I see the clipboard and pen in his hand. What does he think he's doing?
"Um..." I look around in confusion before looking back at him.
"Aelia! I need your help!" He says between breaths.
"Why did you run here? Isn't the board room just down the hall?" Mingyu asks.
"That's not the point! Aelia will you-"
"If it's for your student council crap, I'm out." I make an X with my arms before going back to my wrap.
"Please! You're the only one that I know who can do this job!" He begs me.
"No."
"Aelia!"
"Jeonghan, you know what happened last time." I sigh, looking at him with a serious expression.
"I know but this one includes someone you know!"
"Huh?" We all look at him with confusion.
He smiles and looks at Jun. Jun looks at him in confusion. Obviously Jun doesn't know what's going on either, but he's involved somehow.
"I want you to be Jun's dance partner for the upcoming dance competition!" He announces.
"Is this all because Mai quit on me?" He raises an eyebrow.
"Yup! You needed a partner, here's someone you know. She'll be easier to practice with than someone who's hitting on you every five seconds." Jeonghan shrugs.
I snicker, covering my mouth as I laugh.
"Li Mai quit on you? Isn't she one of the best dancers since the beginning?" I ask.
"Yeah. She got called for a job at a professional studio in Japan so she's gone for a while." He looks almost relieved.
"She was pretty. You didn't ask her out with her hitting on you every five seconds, as Jeonghan says?" I smirk.
He scoffs and shakes his head.
"I don't like her like that." He looks at Minghao, almost pleading for help.
"Alright alright. I'll do it." I sigh.
"Yay! Thank-" Jeonghan starts to hug me when I cut him off.
"But you're doing the choreography this time, Junhui." I point at him.
"You won't be sorry." He smiles cheekily.
"This time?" Jihoon pops out of nowhere.
"You don't know, huh? Aelia and I used to be dance rivals." He smirks at Jihoon.
Jihoon's eyes turn dark and I can see Soonyoung grab onto his arm. I roll my eyes. Boys and their competitiveness.
Seungkwan starts bursting out in laughter randomly and we all look at him.
"What?" I raise an eyebrow.
"And you didn't want to dance!" He holds his tummy as he laughs.
I glare at him and groan.
"Shut it." I cross my arms.

~

We practice for hours and hours at a time. It feels even longer at first when he's thinking of moves to do for the choreo. I haven't danced liked this since I was about sixteen so it's been a while. Jun keeps laughing at me cause I used to be so smooth with my moves and now I'm all rusty and tense.
"Just relax, Aelia. Remember what you told me? Think of it as if you're performing for your friends who have no clue you can dance so you can impress them!"
"Coincidentally, I am going to perform for friends who've never seen me dance."
"Oh yeah, huh? I've seen you live before but less than half have seen you on video." He smiles big, "Alright! More motivation!" He claps.
We get back to work instantly.
Later during the day, Minghao and Mingyu meet up with me to eat a late lunch. They ask me how it's been going and I tell them how tiring it is. I haven't done this in so long!
"You'll be fine. You pulled off that concert solo beautifully. You'll perform this just as well." Mingyu encourages me.
"Yeah but playing the violin is like my thing. Dancing... I haven't danced like this in forever and-" I groan, pulling my cheeks down in frustration.
"Aelz... Remember your background." Minghao looks me in the eyes, whispering the last part.
I let go of my face and stare at him in surprise. They haven't reminded me of that in so long. I purse my lips and look out the window of the diner. I always forget who my parents were before I was born. It's why I'm so artistically inclined.
"Let's go to my place and have a movie marathon." Mingyu suggests.
"I'd love to but Jihoon already asked me to study with him." I frown.
Minghao snickers and I look at him.
"What?"
"Oh nothing. I just thought of something that happened recently." He smirks before sipping his drink.
I raise my eyebrows, looking at Mingyu. He shrugs and looks at his friend in confusion.