Activated

Name: N.JM
Status: online
System: D.R.34.M (updated)

L.JN

Activation number five post Renjun. I couldn't be less excited. Everyone was in the observation room. Doyoung had his hands on my shoulders and Jaehyun and Taeyong were standing behind Renjun.

"Meet Na Jaemin. Come on down boys!" My father called. As we walked in he flashed a bright smile and some finger guns. I smiled at the greeting since I was used to a wave. "He's got an updated version of Renjuns system." Renjun tilted his head and looked at him. My dad pet him on the back and gave a reassuring smile. "Don't worry its generally the same."

"Hello lady and gentlemen." My mother beamed at Jaemin as he spoke.

"Why both D.R.34.M boys so pretty? What kind of favoritism is this!" Doyoung crossed his arms.

"Are you saying we're not attractive?" Taeyong questioned as he slung his arm over Jaehyuns shoulder.

"T-that's not what I mean at all. C'mon guys you know I wouldn't-" Doyoung bolted and the other two chased after him.

"I appreciate the compliment!" Jaemin called before the door shut. "I'm not sure what I look like but if that guy says I'm pretty I must be beautiful." He looked down at his hands and moved them around. My parents did wonderful with this one.

"Is he also going to school?" I asked. My mother nodded and I grinned. Maybe the year won't be so bad.

-----+ 4 days------

Jaemin was amazing. He's funny. He's cute. He's just this giant dork. Every time I see him I involuntarily smile. He's almost perfect. Minus the fact that he's not human. That was the only issue with the bots. I just couldn't get over the fact that they're not human.
It's so hard to treat him like a friend just because he's a robot. Even Renjun was growing on me.

-----+7 days-------

School shopping. The worst time of the year. However, Renjun was bouncing down the isles picking out various items. Jaemin picked whatever and tossed it in the cart. I looked at the two of them and a thought crossed my mind.

Maybe these little bots can help me out.

"Hey Renjun." He turned to me, eyes glowing with childish wonder, and tilted his head. "Pick me out something pretty."

"Okay!" He trotted around the corner and I turned to Jaemin.

"Woul-"

"I'm gonna stop you right there. Just let Renjun do it. He actually wants to." Jaemin cut me off and I raised my eyebrows. He acts like any other sassy teen would.

How he acted made me forget he wasn't human. Every time I remembered it hurt just as bad. He was my Dream guy. Funny and cute. Tall. Great smile...

But he's not real.

•••

(I might rewrite this later)