epilogue; numbers

you are my heaven; never found a love like you. out of the seven billion people in this world, there's only you

Grow up. The term was thrown around constantly, from being a piece of advice to being a comeback during a verbal fight. It was something everyone had to do at some point of their lives, and sometimes it happens without the person even realizing that it did.

In Michael's case, he saw his boyfriend grow up right before his eyes, and he didn't even think his boyfriend really noticed it.

Ever since Michael's birthday, Luke had been nothing but sweet, kind, and special to Michael in every which way. He respected him as a person and felt no need to make Michael feel small with his growling words and hardening stare; Michael finally felt like an equal with Luke in their relationship, unlike before when he felt as if he stood a step below Luke.

Michael always thought that taking the final step to become equals with Luke would be a wide leap because how used to it he was in their relationship previously. Much to his surprise, Luke extended his hand to help guide Michael up a step, and it all started the night of Michael's birthday party, when they made love for the first time instead of having sex.

Ever since then, Michael felt lucky to consider himself lucky. Luke began to sincerely be an amazing boyfriend, and Michael gave the exact same love in return. Everything was perfect, and everything was okay in their lives.

Falling in love with Luke was easy as well. Of course Michael tended to love Luke when it was only temporary bliss, but Luke became such a better person once they began a true relationship, so Michael fell deeper in love with ease. He wasn't afraid to show it, either. The boyfriends spent nearly every second of their days together, and the time spent together was always healthy and loving.

When Michael and Luke sold their houses to buy an apartment together on the seaside last year, it confirmed how serious they wanted to be about their relationship.

"Wow," Michael mused after the last box was placed on the glossy hardwood floor, slowly spinning and admiring every aspect of the apartment that his eyes landed on, "This is amazing."

"It really is," Luke agreed, his teeth instinctively going to snare his lip ring but catching the flesh of his lower lip instead. He had taken his lip ring out a couple of months ago, but it was just such a habit to bite down on it all the time. When he bit his lower lip instead, he cringed and let go of the flesh, not expecting it.

"It's official now, you know," Michael informed as he walked towards his blond boyfriend in a nonchalant manner, "You're officially stuck with me now."

"I've been stuck with you for the past year, Michael Clifford. If I didn't like what I got, I would've left by now," Luke pointed out jokingly, reaching out to gently tuck Michael's long blond hair behind his ear. Michael hadn't dyed it in years, nor cut it in months. His fringe was officially back because he liked his hair longer than shorter, and Luke was alright with it because he loved any look on his Michael.

"Yeah, but now we'll be living together. The newest chapter of MichaelandLuke." Michael cracked a grin as he untucked his hair from behind his ear, wanting to annoy his boyfriend a little bit.

"Why isn't it LukeandMichael?" Luke asked as he stuck his lower lip out in a pout. He squatted down in his loose-fitting black sweatpants to start opening one of their many boxes, which was labeled 'Luke's bedroom decor.'

"Because it just isn't." Michael sighed as he bent down beside Luke on the clean floor, reading the Sharpie on the box with ease and then asking, "Why are you opening this one in the kitchen? Why not go open it in the bedroom?"