nineteen; it's not worth temporary bliss

i can't keep sleeping in your bed if you keep messing with my head. i can't keep feeling love like this; it's not worth temporary bliss.

before michael walked into luke's house, he wasn't sure what to be expecting. since he had never seen much of a romantic side to luke, he didn't know what luke was capable of in terms of showing his affection. hell, he didn't even know if luke had experience with any other serious relationships, but he had always suspected luke just had flings, not boyfriends. so yeah, it was a bit of a surprise when michael entered luke's house and found a trail of rose petals leading to luke's bedroom.

was it cliche? of course.

did michael love it? of course, solely because of the effort luke must've put into it. luke could've scattered french fries instead and michael still would've fallen more in love.

honestly, when michael stood in the doorway of luke's bedroom, he expected luke to be under the sheets with little to no clothes on. that was what michael had grown accustom to for what felt like a long time, so he was pleasantly surprised to see luke standing by his dresser lighting one of many candles that lit up his room. his features were illuminated by the match as the flame finally caught onto the candle, making him look even more mesmerizing as before.

"this is amazing, luke," michael said in awe as luke blew out the match and tossed it in the trash bin. he looked up at the sound of michael's voice, a smile spreading across his lips the moment his gaze landed on michael.

"i had to do the best for a princess like you."

with each word that left luke's mouth, he stepped closer to michael. before luke could actually reach out and touch him, michael bent down to pull off his sneakers. that way he could walk on luke's carpet and lean in for the kiss himself, instead of waiting on luke to make the first move since luke's first move was always so damn slow and teasing.

gentle hands rested on michael's hips as michael's hands ran through luke's hair not-so-gently, not that the blond minded. clumsy steps guided them towards the bed littered with rose petals, where usually luke would want to utilize the upper hand he always had to pin michael down to the bed. but this time, luke felt no need to do such a thing. he let michael choose where he wanted to go on the bed, so the faux blond decided he didn't want to be stuck in between luke and the bed for a change.

they ended up on luke's bed with luke sitting up, his upper half supported by the baseboard of the bed and michael on his knees in between luke's legs. he had to kind of lean down to keep up their kisses, until luke finally straightened up to make it easier. they were both in a comfortable position, making the whole thing feel so right.

and whilst they continue, we will let them be. because unlike all of the other times, their love was one-sided, but it is finally not just temporary bliss. this is now permanent bliss shared between michael and luke, something so special and meaningful it cannot be captured through words.

The End

thoughts?

feelings?

thnx for waiting this out for me, guys. i know it took way longer than it should've to finish this story up, so i appreciate everyone who stuck around to see what would happen with this book. x

do you feel like there should be an epilogue? or is the rest of their story too special and meaningful to put into words?