15

Tyler

The escape video is what I expected. A slim figure dressed in a slick black leather outfit, paired with gloves, managed to hack the security system Then, a faux escape was created on the other side of the prison so the officers all swarmed. By the time the people viewing the cameras could finally identify what was happening, it was too late.

"Thoughts, Mr. Joseph?" The police chief asks while rubbing his chin.

"Well...," I think while looking at my wife and then back at the frozen frame of Mark's dark-clothed savior. "If you look closely, there seems to be a curve around the chest. It's most likely a woman."

"We have thought about this. While it is easy to wear fake breasts, that figure is simply uncommon for males. Men aren't usually that slim and thin waisted."

Jenna speaks up. "Are you sure there wasn't anything left as evidence? I know the figure was wearing a capped suit, but are you sure a piece of hair didn't somehow appear?"

"Even if it did appear," the chief continued. "It could easily be mixed up with the prisoners' and guards' hairs. It wouldn't hold up as an actual clue." Jenna nods her head at his response, but I see her face flush in embarrassment.

"All we can do now is keep an eye out," he states. "Wanted notices and warnings have been placed all around the city for Mark. Places all around the country have been notified of this prison escape as well as airports."

I feel a lump form in my throat.

"We are doing all we can. Let us know if anything suspicious happens." He tells me before he leaves us alone. Jenna and I share looks, and I can tell that she knows I need time to process this and gather my thoughts. She pulls her phone out as I think.

I remember all of the texts sent to Y/N.

It would definitely be the proper decision to show them to the police, but what good would it do? Who knows, it could possibly put Josh in even more danger.

But it could also save his life.

I pull out my phone and open my texts with Y/N. As I am typing her a quick message asking for screenshots of the Fairly Local texts she's been receiving, I feel my phone vibrate in my palms.

I look over at Jenna, who is scrolling through her Instagram feed as I hesitate to open the text I just received.

It's from Josh.

And once I click, I see it's a video.

My breath quickens as I look at the thumbnail of the clip: Josh, bruised and bleeding. Frantically, I mumble a quick 'excuse me' as I rush to the restroom and lock myself inside a stall. When I entered the bathroom, no one was around me. I can only hope that no one else joins me in the restroom.

I press play.

A dark figure stands in front of me, staring directly at the camera. Their face is covered by a cap and a mask.

I immediately recognize them as the person who helped Mark escape.

"Tyler Joseph, Josh Dun's best friend in the entire world." Their voice sounds like that of a distorted alien. They are obvioudly using a voice modifier.

"This video is being sent to you in order to warn you about the consequences of showing the police our conversations. This includes Y/N's as well."

I feel my body freeze as my standing legs immediately feel the need to sit down on the toilet seat, not even caring about the sanitation issues.

"If the police see any of this. Believe me, I will know..."

"If the police see any of this, Joshua William Dun is as good as dead. You can kiss your best friend goodbye."

Chills run up my spine.

"Just to prove I am not afraid to do this, let me give you a brief preview."

The figure walks out of the room and into a much darker one, filled with only a few scattered chairs and a couch. Blood is pooled all over the concrete floors.

I watch in silence as the dark clothed torturer grabs a wooden bat leaning against the wall.

"No...," I mumble, tears filling my eyes.

The next thing I see on the screen is Josh, limbs wrapped and eyes covered. His body is shaking frantically in fear while his mouth mutters mute prayers. Blood is all over his body, accompanied by many still-open wounds.

I watch as the bat crashes against his skull. He let's out a yelp of pain as I gasp from the other side of the screen.

Another hit. Another hit.

A knife is pulled out.

Another cut. Another cut.

My eyes are flooded with tears. My body starts to shake as his cries for help of any sort become louder.

"TYLER!" His random call for my name makes me lose it as I let out a cry in the bathroom. "TYLER TYLER TYLER!"

Then he gives up as his body goes limp.

Before his head falls to his side, I see him mouth a few words. I pause the video and go back ten seconds, turning my volume up all the way.

The whisper is faint and barely audible, but I can still make out what he is saying. Barely.

"Y/N, why are you doing this to me?"

My whole world feels different as the video ends and my phone falls from my hands and onto my lap. I hear the sound of the bathroom door opening, but I simply ignore it as I sit there on the toilet seat in a state of utter shock. Is Y/N really doing this?

But I snap back into reality when I hear a familiar voice speak up from outside of my stall in the police station.

"It's done. The video has been sent to him. I'll return the phone to you this evening."

_
A/N

Ohohohoho what do ya think?

I've also been forgetting to do those little fact things so let's start that up again.

***FACT: I love poetry :')