7

Y/N

I waited patiently outside, awaiting for my ride to come pick me up as usual. Josh was over half an hour late, and I could feel myself starting to worry.

He's been acting odd lately.

Everything from simple moments where we are both relaxed on the couch to when both our lips are locked together in a complex and unable to be understood manner; he just seems to be acting differently. He seems tense and worried.

I decide to dial his number again hoping he will pick up this time, but I have no such luck. That's the fifth time I've tried, and every time the voice mail box tone comes ringing in my ears I feel ever worse. I roll back into the building and place myself in a small cornered spot with my wheelchair. I'm sat near the entrance, praying that the receptionist won't see me sitting there and overlooks the fact that I was supposed to be gone by now.

My top row of teeth find themself biting my lower lip out of anxiousness. If there's one thing I know about Joshua William Dun, it's that he's never late to anything unless it's extremely important. He's always sure to be on time or early because he personally hates when people are late. That's one thing I like about Josh; he always makes sure to fix glass about himself that he dislikes in other people. He always strives to achieve new levels of self-sophistication and correction. He's a driven man with a purpose and many goals.

And the fact that he's late and not answering makes me fret as I watch the slow ticks of the clock fade away in rhythmic patterns. I watch as seconds and minutes of my life are wasted away into a nonexistent realm.

One minute...

Five minutes...

Ten minutes...

Still no call. Still no car. Still no Josh.

I unlock my phone and my finger hovers over my contacts. I press the button and contemplate on calling someone to check in on him.

Just before I press Tyler's contact name, his name appears at the top of my screen. I answer quickly with a confused and anxious expression.

"Tyler! Hey, I was just about to call you. Josh isn't-"

"Y/N, something's happened."

My eyebrows furrow as beads of sweat form on my forehead. A pit finds itself forming in my stomach. Tyler's voice doesn't sound normal, but instead it is replaced with one filled with sorrow and fear. It's obvious to identify and not even remotely concealed, and that's what makes me scared.

Please don't say he's hurt. Please don't say he's hurt.

"He's..." Tyler's voice croaks on the other line as I squint my eyes in anticipation and fear.

Don't say hurt.

Don't say hurt.

Don't do it.

"He's gone..."

My whole body freezes in place as the phone falls to my side, colliding with the cold tiles of the building. I can hear small little words still coming from the device, but they slowly fade away into nothing but a solitary hum.

The world around me goes fuzzy. My mind goes blank. My voice goes mute. My eyes run dry. My heart refuses to believe the possibility... refuses to believe the truth according to Tyler's two letter phrase...

That Josh could be dead...

How can something so horrible happen on such an average day?

The world around me goes dark as I lose myself amongst my own inner demons, calling out to me, saying for unknown reasons, that this is somehow...

all my fault.

_
A/N

Short and shitty just like me ;))

***FACT: I'm actually not that short I'm 5'6"

I'm also considering a face reveal but I doubt y'all would be interested yaknow.

Bye you *lovely* ;))))))) humans